back after 10 months

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ottomanmegane
Currently Drives:: 2004 megane dci

back after 10 months

Postby ottomanmegane » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:09 pm

hi all ,im back after 10 months of owning a zafira and bought my second megane a 2009 58 plate 1.5 dci 106 eco2 hatchback .must say i am impressed with car like the £30 year road tax . well i noticed yesturday that the spanner light came on and stayed on ,and then a bit later the check the anti pollution filter came on , the garage i bought it off the owner belongs to me and he said that renos told him what you do is rev the car to 5k for 5 minutes and give it a blast down motorway and it will go out ,does that sound right
many thanks leighton

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: back after 10 months

Postby morganjake1544 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Does the car have a particle filter (FAP)?
If so the details for 'regeneration' will be in the handbook. It amounts to a 20 min drive at motorway speeds basically to heat the filter to a temp where it will burn off the soot collected.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

ottomanmegane
Currently Drives:: 2004 megane dci

Re: back after 10 months

Postby ottomanmegane » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:05 pm

hi thanks done that and worked,next question anyone ,on the dash the heater control unit lights up with side lights ,well mine only lights up on side, can i replace the bulbs and how does it come of , assumme the panel around it ie that goes around card reader etc how does that come off.
thanks every one
leighton

Return to “Megane III”