Not reaching max speed

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Steve-SA
Currently Drives:: Megane III DCI 130

Not reaching max speed

Postby Steve-SA » Mon May 02, 2011 9:34 am

Hi All
I am a new member hope there is someone on this forum who can help.
I have a Megane dci 130 with 25000km on the clock. Prior to its first service I took it on the open road and booted it. Max speed it reached was 170km (3200rpm) as if it was governed. Renault checked it out and said there were no fault codes and reset the ECU. This has made no difference at all!

Another thing I have noticed is the accelerator pedal has two stages. The second stage can be felt at about 3/4 of pedal movement. This second stage has no affect on power at all. Is this a fault or is it normal??

Steve

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Not reaching max speed

Postby ChrisM » Fri May 06, 2011 1:40 pm

These are fly by wire, there is a resistor on the top of the pedal, you could be having some kind of issue with this, the 2nd stage as you call it could be a break in side the resistor or perhaps contacts have burnt out, not sure if you can get them on thier own you may need a buy a complete pedal.
hopefully this may point you in the right direction, we suffer from fluctuating acceleration in the UK when these pedal play up, maybe your has past that stage and moved on the totally knackerd! as said may be worth a look.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri May 06, 2011 9:36 pm

ChrisM wrote:These are fly by wire, there is a resistor on the top of the pedal, you could be having some kind of issue with this, the 2nd stage as you call it could be a break in side the resistor or perhaps contacts have burnt out, not sure if you can get them on thier own you may need a buy a complete pedal.
hopefully this may point you in the right direction, we suffer from fluctuating acceleration in the UK when these pedal play up, maybe your has past that stage and moved on the totally knackerd! as said may be worth a look.

Eminently sensible idea!
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Steve-SA
Currently Drives:: Megane III DCI 130

Postby Steve-SA » Sat May 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Thanks Chris
its going for its second service soon and I'll get renault to check it out

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:26 pm

the second stage of the accelerator pedal is normal. It is to overcome the speed limiter once it's set. (Providing you have cruise control/speed limiter).

(A relative had a 2004 Scenic II with the two stage accelerator but no speed limiter so it's possible)
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

Return to “Megane III”