One month old - first fault!

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

npr1uk

One month old - first fault!

Postby npr1uk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:47 am

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come! I have a brand new Megane III 1.5d Dynamique which is a month old and has done a thousand miles and the front nearside indiator has gone already. Phoned the Renault dealer to see if it was under warranty and they said the bulb isn't and they would have to check if there was a wiring fault. I do a lot of miles and don't want to be without an indicator so I'm going to attempt to get the bulb changed hoping its easier than on earlier Megane's. Surely a bulb shouldn't blow after such a short time?

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Re: One month old - first fault!

Postby IainMW » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Dead easy to change, whole light unit comes out, have a read of your owners manual for instructions.

May have just been a dodgy bulb, and as for a sign off things to come, who knows?

My dads has been trouble free since he bought it last May.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

npr1uk

Postby npr1uk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:09 pm

Panic over! I checked the handbook, easy to sort and even comes with a tool under the bonnet to help. The bulb hadn't blown it was just a dodgy connection!

Meggyman
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: 56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in grey.
Full leather etc

Postby Meggyman » Tue May 04, 2010 12:45 pm

So it is a sign of things to come! Renault electrics still haven't improved then :D
56 Megane CC 2.0 Privilege in Grey.
Full leather etc

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Tue May 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Same problem this morning/last night. Wiggled bulb holder and the indicator came back to life. I thought about spraying WD40 on it then realised it would get inside the headlamp assembly...
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

denrte
Currently Drives:: Megane Expression 1.5 DCi 106

Postby denrte » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi I worked for renault for 36 years 11 of which were dealing with warranty and all bulbs on a new vehicle are covered for the first 12 months by the manufacturers warranty and after that customer services will cover the cost for the following year hope this helps

Return to “Megane III”