Just got my Meg III, Not happy at all :(

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dalerobins

Just got my Meg III, Not happy at all :(

Postby dalerobins » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 pm

As above,

After all the problems I had with my meg II, I decided to order a Meg III sport tourer, I really loved the meg II but it was unreliable, I expected the Meg III to be an improvement, but it's such a disappointment I feel like crying.

I've only had it 5 hours and this is what i've found so far.

It's a Megane III Sport tourer, 1.5 DCi 106 Dynamique with tomtom

1, My feet keep getting stuck behind the dashboard when pressing the clutch, my feet are too big to press the rubber bit so I have to press the whole clutch arm down, this is really dangerous!, Also I end up pressing the brake and accelerator at the same time. I'm a size 11 to 12, do the french not have the same size feet?.

2, Back lights full of water.

3, window trim not put in properly

4, no cup holders???!!!.

5, Tweeter grill was left unclipped and loose on the dash, upon further inspection it doesnt even have tweeters in there!, whats going on here???.

6, Sat nav, why can you not turn off the map display?, I want to just view the radio station or track listing, this is really distracting!.

As above, this car seems like a big downgrade from my meg II, the seats are made out of cheap material, the stereo sounds awful!.

:cry :cry

Toosh
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 03 Megane 1.9 dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch in Black.
Nervasport alloys, Comfort Pack, Full Leather interior, 6 Disc CD Changer,
Panoramic Roof, and loads more stuff.

Re: Just got my Meg III, Not happy at all :(

Postby Toosh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:25 pm

This is sad news but to be honest i wasn't expecting any change after all a leopard cant change it spots.
Black 03 Megane dCi 120 Dynamique Sport Hatch. Gone but not forgotten.
Black 56 Pug 207 GT 1.6 Turbo

dalerobins

Postby dalerobins » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 pm

I loved my Meg II, even forgave it for being unreliable cos it had charector and was a really comfy car, but this has nothing going for it.

The sad thing is, i've been driving around in a Skoda Octavia for the past few months while waiting for this car, years ago people would have turned their nose up at a Skoda, but I have to say, it's one of the best cars i've driven, an absolute pleasure to drive. I did 1200 miles in a weekend to a wedding in Germany, it didnt miss a beat and no back ache either, I couldnt own one though, cos its a skoda. But if renault carry on they are going to get an even worse name for themselves.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:01 pm

do as the advert did and take the badge off. i drove a Fabia and it was great. Would i buy a skoda.. yea i would but the new range look a bit off for my liking.
a few of your car problems can be rectified by going to a dealer. not ideal but i guess Renault QA (or your dealers QA) isn't that great depending where your car was built.

dalerobins

Postby dalerobins » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 pm

Ray,

Thanks for the reply, I guess Skoda's don't have that stigma attached that they used to, interestingly I had a passat hire car for a few weeks and apart from it having leather etc, the Skoda was a far better car, if anyone gets chance to have a look at an octavia, go listen to the "Bolero" standard stereo in there, it's the best standard car hifi i've ever heard!.

I agree a lot of these issues are fixable, but I can't really see what they can do about the pedals, it's not safe or practical for me to drive, I cannot take my foot off the clutch as it gets stuck behind the dash somewhere, and can't press it properly as im pressing in the arm which has a big kink in it, and theres the issue of me accelerating when trying to press the brake pedal, my meg II wasnt like this!.

Poddy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi

Postby Poddy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 am

have you gone to the dealership about these problems? it may be possible that the pedals aren't aligned correctly.

i plan on having an Octavia vRS as my next car.
07 Kia Cee'd 1.6 CRDi
Remapped

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:02 am

Did you not test drive the car first?

rjacko
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.9 dci Dynamique, 3dr 03 reg

Postby rjacko » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:37 am

Got a solution for the pedal box problem which sounds like it's designed for petite french women. Only thing I can recommend without changing the car and I'm not taking the mick is wear slim/light weight trainers. I'm a size 11 too and have the pedal issues in current cars and also that I've previously had, notably Pug 106 and the wifes various Ford Ka's.

These are trainers similar to type I've got at mo, normally wear big bulk Cat boots which are lethal in small cars.

https://www.galaxysports.co.uk/product.p ... 248&page=4

As for rest of car probs sorry to hear I was hoping it would have been a big improvement on the Meg II :(
3dr 03 Megane 1.9Dci, Dynamique, panoramic roof, keyless system, full leather, 6 cd changer, 17" Nervasport alloys

IainMW
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatchback. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres on!)

Postby IainMW » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:15 am

I have size 11's and have no problems when driving my dad's Megane III?

Take it back and get all of the issues resolved, you paid good money for it and if you are not happy then reject it and get your money back.
It's true that you get Monday morning/Friday afternoon cars built by some Frenchman on a YTS but if the car had been correctly PDI 'd then the issues you have should not have been in the first place.

In terms of being a down grade from you Megane II, what specification did you have?

I can only speak from experience of my dad's which IMHO is a big improvement over his (and mine) Megane II in every area.
Make improvements, not excuses!
Laguna III 2.0dCi 150 Dynamique Hatch. Pearl Black, Panoramic Sunroof, Front & Rear Proximity Sensors, 17" Spider Alloys (with B****y expensive tyres fitted!)

-KJ-
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Mégane II Ph.1 1.6 16v Dynamique Luxe, full leather seats, Carminat Informé 1 with CD-changer.

Postby -KJ- » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:01 pm

nickbell69 wrote:Did you not test drive the car first?

Exactly my question. At least points 1, 4, 5 and 6 could have been noticed during a testdrive.
From Holland! Megane II Phase 1, Black Pearl, 1.6 16V LPG, Dynamique Luxe, full leather, Carminat 1 with CD-changer, Phase 2 front.

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 pm

what about the cup-holder by the handbrake????

I don't say I have shoe size 11 or 12,but 10 1/2 but nothing got stuck anywhere!

with regards to satnav,I had a courtesy car the other day,Clio TomTom,which had the satnav but as I wasn't using it just showed the road names,what station I was listening to and what the legal speed was!

the only thing that kind of stops me getting a Megane Coupe is the price,as I can get a BMW 3 series coupe,new shape (2nd hand) for about £14 to £16k.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:44 pm

couldnt own one though, cos its a skoda.

Technically not! more VW, bordering on Audi these days as it is part of the VAG [as it was known] Group now. And it relflects in the price of them now, as well as the relability, they are actually more reliable than a VW, having said that that does not seem to be that hard these days for VW..........

spd
Currently Drives:: megabe 3 coupe cdi 106

Postby spd » Mon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

I cant believe anybody buys a car and THEN finds his feet are too big for the pedals. Sounds like a basic IQ problem. Did YOU drive it on the test drive, or did your Mummy do it for you?
I've got size 11 feet and its no problem at all

Mikoto

Postby Mikoto » Sat May 15, 2010 2:20 pm

you could try solve your feet surgically.

Valeo
Currently Drives:: Megane r26

Postby Valeo » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:17 am

Could you be 1 of those people dealers don't like to see coming

Return to “Megane III”