Problems with the new Renault Megane keycard to unlock

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Roxpace
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane III

Problems with the new Renault Megane keycard to unlock

Postby Roxpace » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi,

I bought the new Renault Megane (III) this summer and it has been a great car except for one thing, the colder it gets outside the worse the keycards works, I can sometime barely open the door with them, I have to try a lot on a short distance from car, now when its so cold that there is snow its a nightmare with the car.

I have tried both my keycards.

I have also let the dealer check my car and keycards, the first time they put in new batteries in the keycards and this time nothing because they can't find anything wrong but they believe me and there we are now, they cant do anything and I dont know how to proceed, I only wanna solve a problem and nothing else.

I appreciate for any kind of tip

Paddy
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane Saloon 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Problems with the new Renault Megane keycard to unlock

Postby Paddy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:43 pm

Welcome along.

You maybe one of the first members with a Meggy 3.

As it is so new, and your local spanner monkey (Local Renault Dealer) cannot seem to fix the problem you should phone first and then write to the Renault Head Office within your country.

But don’t give up on the Dealer keep at them if the problem persists.

I will also add I have never come across this problem in relation to the Meggy 2.

Roxpace
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane III

Postby Roxpace » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:22 am

Thanks a lot for those words, is this car really so new ? I only know that it was new here when I bought it this summer, but not how new ;)

I am not a lucky person with cars as it seems, lets see what has happened so far with this new purchase :)

1. I couldn't bring with me the car from the dealer since they had not payed Renault.
2. When I got the car it had no carpets and no antenna.
3. The dealer installed wrong towbar, I had ordered a removable towbar
4. The dealer said that this new towbar didn't need any protection cover against road dirt
5. But lucky me found in the manual that it required protection cover
6. The dealer tried in over 4 times with different covers sent from Renault over 5-6 weeks time and none fit
7. Finally Renault sent the dealer a whole box with covers and finally one was perfect
8. Found out that the dealer service damaged the car paint a little bit when they installed the removable towbar
9. The car's ventilation fan was forced to be changed when it sounded too much
10. The keycards got their batteries changed when they was working badly and even the dealer had a little problem that time
11. The keycards is still not working and the dealer tested but got no good result in finding any problem so only a report from them to Renault and no other action

It has been a few other things related to this car.

But besides all these things I must say I am very satisfied with this new car, now new Nokian Hakkepelitta 7 tires with alloy wheels :)

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:50 am

Hi and welcome Roxpace.

where are you from?have a look at your local Renault website and register with MyRenault section.On the UK site they have added a forum section and someone from Renault answers to questions frequently,tell them your problems and see what would be the outcome.

I had a Megane 3 for a day,the locking/unlocking of the car was different to our Megane 2 or our Clio,for locking you just need to walk away from the car and it will auto lock when you leave the range it covers.But if you have locked the car with card (pressed lock/unlock button) it will not open any other way,which means you have to use the card again.In order to reset this,you just need to restart the car.Although have to say I am not sure this system works for the cars with Hands-free only or all the cars.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

MéganeDynamique
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Renault Mégane 2.0 VVT Dynamique Sport Hatch

Postby MéganeDynamique » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:51 pm

I have just read the "Mégane III" section for the first time, and yours isn't the only story of disappointment.
You'd think that Renault would have learned a thing or two from the many, many issues with the Mégane II, but judging by this forum...they haven't!
Somebody really needs to show Renault the Mégane III section of this website and get some answers.
If they carry on like this, they're going to rapidly lose the huge number of sales it currently has in the UK...the damage can already be seen...after all, how many new Lagunas do you see on the road? And they've been with us for over two years now!
Ottoman Blue 2.0 VVT Privilège 5 Door - Full beige leather, ESP, Xenon headlights, Carminat Navigation, Cruise etc.
Ink Blue 2.0 VVT Dynamique 3 Door... Black Leather, heated seats, panoramic sunroof, tyre pressure sensors, Hands Free etc.

Return to “Megane III”