Check hill start assist - check anti-pollution system

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

shogunswb
Currently Drives:: Megane MKlll 2016 1.5dci

Check hill start assist - check anti-pollution system

Postby shogunswb » Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:34 am

On the way home last night the engine light, service light & traction control light came on also warnings Check hill start assist (dont have it) - check anti-pollution system & I think also check stop start. The engine seemed to drop onto three cylinders & was very juddery.
I had noticed that the engine temp was sitting at half way for quite a while which is unusual before the lights came on.

A quick search suggests that it might be the battery that needs replacing or more likely the coolant temperature sensor is faulty. I've got an ODB2 scanner coming today but two questions.

1. has anyone had the same issue & managed to resolve it?
2. Where the hell is the coolant temp sensor located?

I've got the manual but the picture is less than useless.

shogunswb

Re: Check hill start assist - check anti-pollution system

Postby shogunswb » Thu Jul 04, 2024 6:55 pm

So it turns out that the error code is P202 which is the fuel injector in cylinder 2 is open circuit which would explain why it dropped onto 3 cylinders.
One thing I didn’t realise is that cylinder no 1 is at the gearbox end not the timing belt end.
Tried reseating the connector & clearing the code but still the same so looks like I need to change the injector.
Happy days

shogunswb

Re: Check hill start assist - check anti-pollution system

Postby shogunswb » Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:51 am

Before I change the injector I thought that I would swap connectors so swapped connectors 1 & 2 around & neither of those two cylinders fired but interestingly the car didn't throw any error either.
Swapped the connectors back & it fired up & ran normally. Took it out for a test & it misfired a couple of times initially whilst accelerating on full throttle & then cleared so I suspect the solenoid on top of the injector is on the way out.
Working for now so see how it goes.

Return to “Megane III”