Full Size Spare Wheel Problem

The section for all Megane III talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

speedwaydthom
Currently Drives:: Megane Floride Cabrio Limited Edition 2012

Full Size Spare Wheel Problem

Postby speedwaydthom » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:32 pm

I wonder if anyone can help with a frustrating puzzle I have with my wife's 2012 Megane Floride cabrio. We have just had the alloy wheels refurbished after driving round using the full size spare wheel for 2 or 3 weeks. I have now gone into the boot to replace the wheel and the toolkit which goes with it housed in a polystyrene shape which is supposed to fit snuggly into the spare wheel, underneath the floor cover. Therein lies the problem. I cannot for the life of me arrange the 2 bits of polystyrene in the wheel so that the floor cover sits flat. I wonder if any member who has a similar model with a full size wheel, would mind uploading an image of how they are supposed to fit? Cannot find anything at all on the internet or in owners handbook.

speedwaydthom

Re: Full Size Spare Wheel Problem

Postby speedwaydthom » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:28 pm

Head technician at local Renault dealer did not know the answer so he challenged his colleagues for a solution. One bright lad came up with the answer straightaway, so now all sorted. I will try and upload an image if I can suss out how to do that

speedwaydthom

Re: Full Size Spare Wheel Problem

Postby speedwaydthom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:43 am

Sorry - unable to upload image and mods not replying to my request for assistance. I'm beginning to wonder if this site is defunct? Answers to FAQ's seem to suggest you need Administrator permission to upload images.

Return to “Megane III”