the length of meganes

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

edward2
Learner Driver

the length of meganes

Postby edward2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:29 pm

I see that megane sedan and station wagon is longer 176 inches I think it said compared to 165.

Is the 2 door hatchback and 4 door the same length? On autotrader it had them both the same length is this correct.

I am curious as the 2 door looks shorter but wonder if this is just an illusion?

morganjake1544
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Clio 1.5dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom 3 door in Oyster Grey Metallic

Re: the length of meganes

Postby morganjake1544 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Yes, 3 door and 5 door hatch are same length. The Saloon and the Estate are the same length and the Coupe Cab is in between.

:)
Clio 1.5 dCi 88 Dynamique Tom Tom in Oyster Grey + Twingo GT in Pearl Black on a '58'.

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm

I see the coefficient for a megane 2 is 0.35, megane 1 is 0.32, megane 3 is 0.33. This 3 figures from different sites not sure if correct.

I am still looking for megane 2 sedan coefficient I wonder which will have the lowest in the range, estate I would guess.

edward2
Learner Driver

Postby edward2 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:41 pm

I wonder what is the best speed for a megane 1.6 vvt for efficency. Normally between 40 to 60 it says. A heaving vechcile like a truck with more drag would be lower a light less resistant car higher

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-effi ... ion477.htm

road load power = av + bv² + cv³

The letter v represents the velocity of the car, and the letters a, b and c represent three different constants:

The a component comes mostly from the rolling resistance of the tires, and friction in the car's components, like drag from the brake pads, or friction in the wheel bearings.
The b component also comes from friction in components, and from the rolling resistance in the tires. But it also comes from the power used by the various pumps in the car.
The c component comes mostly from things that affect aerodynamic drag like the frontal area, drag coefficient and density of the air.

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:27 pm

edward2 wrote:I wonder what is the best speed for a megane 1.6 vvt for efficency. Normally between 40 to 60 it says. A heaving vechcile like a truck with more drag would be lower a light less resistant car higher

https://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-effi ... ion477.htm

road load power = av + bv² + cv³

The letter v represents the velocity of the car, and the letters a, b and c represent three different constants:

The a component comes mostly from the rolling resistance of the tires, and friction in the car's components, like drag from the brake pads, or friction in the wheel bearings.
The b component also comes from friction in components, and from the rolling resistance in the tires. But it also comes from the power used by the various pumps in the car.
The c component comes mostly from things that affect aerodynamic drag like the frontal area, drag coefficient and density of the air.

Since you ought to consider variables a and b constant across the range, and c a known variable, just factorise and re-arrange the formula with v as the determined amount. Graph c wrt to v to determine the optimum speed. My guess is 56mph.

Good question though!
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Megane Sedan”