occasional suddering when first pulling away from cold

Discussions on the Megane II sedan

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

G15SEE
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane 1.6VTI

occasional suddering when first pulling away from cold

Postby G15SEE » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 am

Hi

I have viewes many posts but can't find anything that covers the following.

I have a 2005 Megane 1.6VVT. Its fully serviced with just 30k on the clock and had a full service at 26k with a cambelt change.

Occasionally when you start the car first thing in the morning, as you try to pull away the revs drop slightly and the car shudders (almost like clutch judder) the car is a bit hesitant for the first few minutes but as soon as the engine gains a little temperature it's fine! It displays no codes on a diagnostic test. Plus (although I can't imagine this is connected) the fault has only been evident since the outside temperature display and been reading significantly lower than the ambient temperature. As an example the temperature today is 10 degrees yet the display reads 3 - 6!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gibzy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16v Dynamique

Re: occasional suddering when first pulling away from cold

Postby Gibzy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi I have the same car with similar mileage and find i too have the same judder when cold. From what i have been told it is something to do with the VVT system coupled with a cold engine. As for the Temp gauge the temperature measured when you first stard the car is static external temperature, once on the move you should see this increase due to the recirculation of the air around the sensor.

I hope this helps alough vauge

Shaun
Sebring Exhaust,GT valance,-45 H&R springs, 19" Konig alloys
ImageImageImage

G15SEE
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane 1.6VTI

Postby G15SEE » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:45 am

Thanks for that information. it's just annoying really and as long as you allow the car to idle for two to three minutes it's not a problem.

The outside temperature display is more puzzling though because, yes it does increase as the car is driven but it never reads "true" It always used too! Now it's usually displaying 7-10 degress lower tha the ambient mean temperature. As an example this morning the outside "static" temperature was 7 degrees at 06.30 but the car registered minus3 degrees and only increased to zero even after a 10 mile run. It's an enigma. :devil

Gibzy
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 2 1.6 16v Dynamique

Postby Gibzy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:01 pm

you need to check that the thermo sensor is not buggered up. That might be giving you faulty readings. i dont think it is liked to your other issue though.
Sebring Exhaust,GT valance,-45 H&R springs, 19" Konig alloys
ImageImageImage

Return to “Megane Sedan”