water splashing noise?

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

agiles10
Currently Drives:: Renault megane 1.6 sport

water splashing noise?

Postby agiles10 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 pm

hi everyone,

i am new to this tonight so i may have posted this in the wrong place, if so sorry. Anyway to the point, when i bought my megane the heater was not throughing out any heat (the sealer had arranged to have that fixed for me) as part of the deal. When i got the car i noticed there was a splashing noise coming from the dash area roughly behind the glovebox, he said it was where he had to drain the collant to fit the new thermostat and it would clear in a couple of days, but it hasn't and i have topped up my collant when neccesary. could anyone help to enlighten me to what the noise could be it happens when i turn a corner or acellerate.

In summary there is a noise coming from the glovebox area sounds like water trapped?

could anyone help

cheers

adam

jaws77

Re: water splashing noise?

Postby jaws77 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:46 am

Sounds like an airlock in the coolant system. Give it another re-bleed.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: water splashing noise?

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:59 pm

Have you checked the bulk head, just under the front screen, I think you can open one of the black plastic grills on the passenger side just around the wiper area you will need to lift bonnet first, I am sure there are drain holes in there you may have one blocked, I had similar on my meg CC a running water sound from behind the dash every time I went around a corner turns out there as a block in my drain hole so water was sloshing around in there, possibly worth a quick look, it is the same compartment as the battery if that helps location (battery is on driver side mind you but you can see the compartment go right across tha engine bay) :roll:

Return to “Megane I”