Megane I - Heater Blower Fan

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bobsy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Mk1 1.6l

Megane I - Heater Blower Fan

Postby bobsy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Hi All,

I just purchased my first Megane today for very little money and low mileage. I knew it had a couple of issues when I bought it, the main one being that the heater fan for within the cabin doesn't work. I was hoping it would be a simple fix and easy to replace but further digging now that I have the car seems to suggest that the fan is located beneath a scuttle panel near the bulkhead at the bottom of the windscreen on the passenger side?

Can anyone tell me how to get it out of there?
Or is there something else I should check first (it isn't just a blown fuse in the fuse box I'm afraid)

There seems to be very little information online regarding the system within a Mk1 Megane, so I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me out?

Thanks,
Rob

clipclop7753
Currently Drives:: megane convertible

Re: Megane I - Heater Blower Fan

Postby clipclop7753 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:05 am

I, have the same problem, so any info would be welcome !! :-)

bobsy
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Mk1 1.6l

Postby bobsy » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 am

Hi Clipclop!

I've tested the fan in my car by running a cable directly from the battery. The fan works!!

So my next assumption was the common heater resistor pack. So I replaced this and yet the system still doesn't work!!

I recently installed a hard wired dash cam into the car though and after this the fan worked for my next journey!! Hurrah I thought! BUt then next time I used the car it had stopped working again.

I'm now awaiting the delivery of a multimeter so that I can test the voltage coming to the fan (if any) and the ground connections. I'll keep you posted!!

Tinbasher

Postby Tinbasher » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:21 am

Hi Bobsy

I have exactly the same problem on my Dymamiqe Convertable 07 plate.

I have replaced the resistor pack but no joy.

Did you check the motor in situ? If so can you explain how you did it please I'm assuming that the small plug that goes into the resistor pack is the motor power lead.

Daft question but ....... The blower fuse is the only 30 amp fuse in the glovebox fuses isn't it? It's not hidden elsewhere?

I'm at a last resort now with this before I sell my soul and mortgage my house to the dealership.

Tom

Return to “Megane I”