problems with 2.0 IDE engine

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

braytonuzes
Currently Drives:: 2000 Megane 2.0 IDE cabriolet

problems with 2.0 IDE engine

Postby braytonuzes » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Hello Megane owners:

I am new here and came in because of my 2000 Megane 2.0 IDE cabriolet(petrol). I have seen posts here before on this topic, but none recently and couldn't find anything under search.

I mostly want to know if anyone has a solution that will work over a few years at least. I am about to try a suggestion from Ken Gerrad, who has machined his fuel pressure regulator to decrease the diameter of the piston, which apparently sticks from overheating. He has supplied directions and pictures and although it sounds reasonable, I am worried about leakage with the fuel under pressure and the machining being at one point prizing things apart that weren't meant to come apart.

There is also the question of the EGR valve which seems to be a problem and is completely unavailable as far as I can tell.

So I would like some good stories about how all these problems have been solved, but am prepared to hear the bad news too. Speaking of bad news, is there a possibility of putting a different engine in this car> Like the 1.6?

Thanks in advance,

braytonuzes
Currently Drives:: 2000 Megane 2.0 IDE cabriolet

Re: problems with 2.0 IDE engine

Postby braytonuzes » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi Megane owners,

I posted a question and hoped that there might be some help. I noted that 12 people read my note, but no one replied. I would appreciate it if someone could say something useful.

Thanks in advance,

braytonuzes

freelanderuk
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane convertible 1.9dci 2006

Re: problems with 2.0 IDE engine

Postby freelanderuk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi
i would post your questions here also https://www.renaultforums.co.uk/ , you may have more luck and replies

as this forum mainly caters for the mark 2 megane
Drive it like you stole it

My flickr

Return to “Megane I”