flat battery

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jackie131
Currently Drives:: megane convertable

flat battery

Postby jackie131 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:20 pm

hi guys i need some help on this one as i aint got a clue where to start i went out to start to car yesterday and had nothing changed batterys with the hubbys car today it was fully charge when it went on now i have got a half charged battery start the car and it gos back up to full but i can leave it for a couple of hours and it will be half charged again can anyone help me out please all that has been on is the alarm if i jump start it from nothing it will stay running as long as i like which suggests its charging a bit but if i try starting it straight after theres nothing again and has to be jumped again :banghead

Stranger
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: BMW X1

Re: flat battery

Postby Stranger » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:09 am

You're sure that hubby's battery is ok? Borrow a bettery of a willing friend or neighbour and see if that's the same.

Check that the alternator belt is tightened to the right spec then, after that all I can suggest is that you go to an auto electrician to have your alternator checked and also check for any unwanted drainage issues.
STOP DEVELOPMENT ON GREEN FIELD SITES! http://www.cpre.org.uk/

jackie131
Currently Drives:: megane convertable

Postby jackie131 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 am

hubbys battery was good the belt is nice and tight but will get the alt checked thanks for the help

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Sounds to me like you have a power leak some where, does your boot light stay on when boot is shut, if the battery wasn't charging you would have an alternator lamp on on your dash so you basically have quite a current drain some where could well be a auto electrician job to find it I mention the boot as some of the early Renaults (Megane/Scenic) suffered this problem, electrics not my strong point but it looks to me car is ok whilst running but drians when left alone or over night so it looks like a power drain.

Return to “Megane I”