megane roof not working

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

notrub
Currently Drives:: renault megane cabriolet

megane roof not working

Postby notrub » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:40 am

I have a 1999 megane cabriolet and the roof will not work - the metal cover comes up - but then nothing - just a load of beeping - can anyone help PLEASE

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: megane roof not working

Postby ChrisM » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:14 pm

There are lots of sensors on this model to tell the roof what is happening any one could be not working, usuall culprit is the handbrake sensor, try pulling hand brake on and off a few times, next see if your rear windows start to drop as they are the next problem area, I do belive there is one inside the storage bin, when the lid lifts the sensor tells the roof that the lid is open, so it is quite difficult to pin point which one it will be, I take it there is oil in the rams that operate the roof!
Meg 1 roofs are worse than the Meg 2 CC roof for being twitchy :-(

yellowperil
Currently Drives:: 2000 Renault Megane Sport 1.6 Cabriolet

Re: megane roof not working

Postby yellowperil » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi new to this site but thank God I found it. I have a Megane 1.6 Sport Cabriolet. On Friday went out having put the roof down, when I got home went to put the roof up and nothing...................Managed to get it up manually, (The AA Man was completely out of his depth) but thats where it has stayed. Tried everything so far from various forums but all I get now is an audible alarm when I try to operate it. Any help would be really appreciated. :banghead

Return to “Megane I”