Replacing washer pump question

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

katrina4eva1989
Currently Drives:: megane

Replacing washer pump question

Postby katrina4eva1989 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:33 pm

Hiya, i am attempting to replace the washer pump, i've seen previous posts on here about changing the washer pump and how to do it (which is fantastic!!), but is it the same way for a 2000 (X reg) model??

Thank You!!

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Re: Replacing washer pump question

Postby tomalamix » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:24 pm

Its not the same but its a simple job also...

cheers

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: Replacing washer pump question

Postby ChrisM » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 am

Yes quite simple, wheel off, liner pulled to one side pump is accesable, on the coupe it is a twin outlet, so make sure you have the same washer pump. mine was done in minutes.
Yours will be a Meg 1 Phase 2, like the wifes V reg Coupe, far better build than the Meg 2 by far. We have both, and the one that causes the most trouble, creaks and cracks, squeeks and rattles the most is the mine the Meg 2, VERY cheaply built car
As for washer pumps I don't think there is a tremedious differance between the two, just remember when you pull the old unit out water will run out, on replacement make sure the rubber washer is in ok and the pipes are the right way around, I think you can also get a look from under the car as well, just make sure it is safe when you are under it, don't leave it on a jack only as they have a nasty habit of squashing your head or chest which could be a bit of a bummer at Christmas as the hats out of the crackers don't fit then and definatly does not aide the pump change!
Give yourself an hour that should clear it all in that time. As said not a hard job just a bit fiddley really, as you can't get a good look but definatly do able!

Return to “Megane I”