Megane 1.6 Will Not Start

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

boydzfish

Megane 1.6 Will Not Start

Postby boydzfish » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:46 pm

I am having difficulty in starting my daughter's Megane 1.6 (R Reg). I am trying to jump start it and, although it turns OK it isn't even trying to start. I have changed the spark plugs and there is a spark; I was talking to someone who said it might be the immobiliser. He said a friend of is had a Laguna with a similar problem and he had to use the key fob to lock and unlock the doors (I have been doing this using the lock itself) which reset the system. Can this be true? :banghead :banghead I have never had this much trouble starting a car before!!

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Megane 1.6 Will Not Start

Postby davelowe » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:32 pm

There is petrol in the tank? Not to state the obvious, but the gauge might be O/S... No idea about the immobiliser though. Have you tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it for an hour or so?
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

boydzfish

Postby boydzfish » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:31 am

No I disconnected the battery to clean the terminals but it was only disconnected for 15 minutes or so and there is petrol in the tank. I have sprayed all the leads and igintion bits with WD40 and done all the ususal things to get a car to start without any luck. I was going to get the battery out and charge it up but it looks like an absolute pain to extract from behind the bulkhead - even witht he small plastic plate unscrewed. I am beginning to think that the French should stick to cuisine and leave car building to the Germans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Sounds like immobo to me as well, is it getting fuel? you have already checked for spark s onext step is fuel!, you could pop the charger on it outside your house instead of taking it out charge if for a good couple of hours to get some juice into it, then try it again with the jump leads.
Could be as said immobo or could be fuel pump. with no power you wont be able to hear it run to prime the system.

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Postby ChrisM » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I forgot to say if it is immobo there is a way to bypass by pressing the locking button on the dash something to do with the immobo code as to what sequance it is pressed try a search on here, or a google search as well.
If I remember right the Phase 1, you had to point the key towards the interior lamp as that is where the IR sensor is, well they get wet from an aerial leak and go pop, this could be your problem. perhaps the aerial has let some water onto the IR sensor.
Have a look at this site, you can get the small porgrame from here, it also tells you how to check if you can do the bypass start. If it starts after this then it is an Immobo problem.

http://renaulthelp.110mb.com/

Just a Thought

watsen7
Currently Drives:: nano

megan Racing springs

Postby watsen7 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:09 am

Hello,
Disclaimer Some product ERZ industries LLC sell are strictly for off-road use only please check you local DMV or motor vehicle department for regulations. ERZ industries LLC and the manufautuer are not responsible for any miss use of their product.

Return to “Megane I”