1996 Megane Coupe 2.0 16v

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

rossbarclay

1996 Megane Coupe 2.0 16v

Postby rossbarclay » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Hi guys,

Trying to find out some info for a friend who is looking to get rid of his megane. The model is as above and her is having trouble with the engine management and mis-fires. In my opinion the ignition coil has gone but I am looking to confirm this. The car currently has no Tax or MOT as he has recently bought a new car. I had an old vectra a few years back and I was able to check the engine codes by bridging the Dignostic pad witha paper clip and reading counting the flashes. Does such a trick exist with this car?

Thanks in advance
Ross

ChrisM
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane CC 1.9Dci and a Pugeot 307 cc 2.0 HDi sport.

Re: 1996 Megane Coupe 2.0 16v

Postby ChrisM » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:26 pm

sounds like the culprit, would have sent you over the the coupe owners forum as there was a lot on there about the IDE engine but it seems the site has expired, guessing you have checked leads and plugs are fine, I seem to remember the IDE being quite a temprimental engine at times. Don't know an awful lot about them. apart from it goes like a rocket but breaks quite expensivly. are they pencil coils or a coil pack. if it is a pack perhaps you should try an internet serch for instructions on how to test the coil pack, may save you a few bob!

Return to “Megane I”