Seat Bolts

The section for all Megane I talk.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

frostyf
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.5dci

Seat Bolts

Postby frostyf » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:03 pm

Trying to source replacement seat bolts for 96 megane hatchback (5 dr 1.5 dci). Bolts are approx M10 with Torx drive head and bolt the seat runner to the base of the car. We've just noticed our passenger seat is missing two and the whole seat rocks forward.

Tried local Renault dealer without much joy. Firstly he told me the bolts came up from underneath and on the Renault spares system schematic showed them with a normal bolt head. He told me mine must have been fitted incorrectly, until I saw a 96 megane on his forecourt and showed him the same bolts in that.

He's now proposing £130 for new runners (which I think must be a rip off). My local scrapyard hasn't got anything recent enough with the same bolts (can only find M8 size in pre 00 Renault/Citroen/Peugeot).

Does anyone now where I can buy some second hand or aftermarket to replace.

Cheers

Nick

davelowe
Driving Legend

Re: Seat Bolts

Postby davelowe » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Just measure the bolts/set screws on the drivers side, then go buy some identical ones from a tool shop. Probably around 20p each. M10 x 50, M8 x 40 etc... The head shape didn't ought to matter, they will be standard metric threads - if in doubt take one into the shop to compare.
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Megane I”