Back finally.... with a few car troubles along the way

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Terabyt3
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 04 1.4 16v Megane 3dr

Back finally.... with a few car troubles along the way

Postby Terabyt3 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:14 pm

Hey all finally back up and running on the internet. Just thought I'd pop on here and leave some info about my recent troubles with my Meg.

A few month ago I went to put my car in for a pad change and on driving to garage the ECM light came on and I noticed a distinct cut in power. Luckily the garage was only at the end of the street and a friend who works there diagnosed it for free. Within seconds he said it was the Coil Pack 3. So they replaced it at a cost of £70.

2 weeks ago same symptoms same fault but this time i was a bit further from a garage (different coil pack) and as I am covered by the AA I just gave them a ring. They came in 20 minutes and behold carried Coil Packs with them :o they repaired in no time at all and only charged £48.

Now....... Last week a third pack went. this time i bought 2 from ebay for £20 and fitted them myself as after watching AA guy realised how damned easy it is.

Only one more pack to die now but i have a spare in the boot. Aparrently quite a common fault after 30k I'm at 32k now.
'04 1.4 16v 3dr Extreme

Kevin22
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Sport Hatch
1.5dCi 106
Dynamique

Re: Back finally.... with a few car troubles along the way

Postby Kevin22 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Most mechanics recommend changing all the coil packs at the one time, once one breaks, mainly because of the problems you have been experiencing! :D

Return to “Problems / Questions”