Passenger Front Window Qusetion

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

WJAM29
Currently Drives:: 2003 Renault Megane 1.5 DCi Dynamique (80)

Passenger Front Window Qusetion

Postby WJAM29 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi,

My passenger front window works fine up and down from the passenger side switch. However the switch on the drivers side will only make the window go up. Press down it goes up, press up it goes up.

Any ideas?

Maany Thanks

Will. :(

dwgendy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Sedan, 1.6 - 16V, Grey.

Re: Passenger Front Window Qusetion

Postby dwgendy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Mine just broke totally today! I am taking ir in tomorrow for them to check it. I am sure though it will be a failed elevation motor and will end up paying loads of money. My advice, sell the car, REALLY, I am fixing mine along with the airbag, having my insurance fix all the dents and the pain jobs needed and will sell this sh1tty car. The french do not know how to make cars. It was a mistake to buy a Renault and will never happen again, I will be buying either Mitsubishi Lancer or Hayundai Elantra. Relaiable and much better cars. And also I am sorry, but a car that breaks all the time cannot be considered safe, so the argument that it is the safest car in it's size is just not applicable.
Megane II sedan, 2005, 1.6, 16V, Steptronic.

dwgendy
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane II Sedan, 1.6 - 16V, Grey.

Postby dwgendy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:11 pm

I am Calm, I just sound stressed :-)
Took it in today, the spare parts for the window was 2050LE (almost 200 UKP) the airbag plastic strip also needed to be changed, 1800LE (180UKP) that is without labour charge :-) I am cool.
For the first time took it to an outside garage, fixed and changed all for 1000LE (100UKP) :-) still selling it though LOL
Megane II sedan, 2005, 1.6, 16V, Steptronic.

nagogg
Currently Drives:: Megane Scénic,R19,Koleos

Postby nagogg » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:18 pm

this is most likely faulty wiring in the drivers door.
These windows are ground controled,and the slightest restriction in the wiring can cause a proplem like this,
All these functions are controlled(go through)the drivers door and the multy switches.
Have seen this before and the drivers door wiring was the issue

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:17 pm

Brilliant! Is it the first time this icon is used in the OP section? :hm :ot :life ----> :who
Sorry, I've been drinking... and i like that advert. Only the crocodile story beats it.

freddymercurystwin wrote:
dwgendy wrote:Mine just broke totally today! I am taking ir in tomorrow for them to check it. I am sure though it will be a failed elevation motor and will end up paying loads of money. My advice, sell the car, REALLY, I am fixing mine along with the airbag, having my insurance fix all the dents and the pain jobs needed and will sell this sh1tty car. The french do not know how to make cars. It was a mistake to buy a Renault and will never happen again, I will be buying either Mitsubishi Lancer or Hayundai Elantra. Relaiable and much better cars. And also I am sorry, but a car that breaks all the time cannot be considered safe, so the argument that it is the safest car in it's size is just not applicable.

Calm down dear, it only a car. :who
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”