radio not working in cold conditions

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

talbotvilla72
Currently Drives:: Megane Sport Tourer and Corsa

radio not working in cold conditions

Postby talbotvilla72 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:37 am

hi all

i suffer with the problem that when it gets cold it stops my radio from working. I disconnect the power lead and seems to work fine, but getting sick of doing this now?

just wondered if anyone has done anything to theres to solve this problem?

thanks in advance

talbotvilla72
Currently Drives:: Megane Sport Tourer and Corsa

Re: radio not working in cold conditions

Postby talbotvilla72 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:40 pm

anyone?

normmt
Currently Drives:: Megane Dynamique 2.0 DCi 150

Postby normmt » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:01 pm

I did initially join to find out about the same problem... until yesterday when i found my battery totally discharged. Because of the location the only option i had was to remove the battery to charge it. I have now replaced the battery and the radio works! The ESP OFF warning light is now permanently on, so looks like i will still be off to the dealer on Saturday.
So that is all i can come up with is check the battery....

stuartac

Postby stuartac » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:02 pm

Radio in our Megane has the same problem. If the weather is extremely cold (as it has been recently), the radio might refuse to switch on. I've found the quickest fix is to remove and reconnect one of the battery teminals.

Anyone know what the problem might be ? Would the radio be replaced under warranty ? I heard it might be possible to reset a radio security code by putting the radio in a freezer, and wondered whether that had something to do with this problem. The security code still needs to be entered when the Megane radio finally switches on however.

horsleygc
Currently Drives:: 1.6v Megane Dynamique cabriolet

Postby horsleygc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Just had the same problem in the cold weather and it drained my battery flat as a pancake - couldn't even open the boot or the glove box. I have a 2 1/2 year old cabriolet so still under warranty and the dealer fixed it without a quibble. Fitted a new radio. Seems half a dozen Megane owners had the same trouble in the cold weeks just past and he reckons it's a batch of faulty radios.

Return to “Problems / Questions”