key card

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

KIB

key card

Postby KIB » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:05 am

I have an 05 1.5 DCI Megane with key less entry, this problem started to be once in a while and has become a more regular fault. The doors will not lock or unlock as you approach, none of them. The boot seems to be fine opens when you touch the handle and locks and unlocks from the badge button. The doors, no go you have to now lock and unlock the car using the key card buttons. Once inside, the car will start withOUT putting the card in the reader. and finally when you get out you can sometimes lock the car from the boot badge. I've changed the battery in the key card as a matter of course, no differant. Any ideas anyone? Will this fault be stored within the ecu if i get the codes read?

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: key card

Postby Ray » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:06 am

i'm guessing one of the rear door sensors is bust which is the "master" sensor to the other doors... hence none of them work.

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:24 am

I would agree that 1 or more of the door infrared sensors have become defective.. Probably due to water ingress and this has diabled the handsfree opening system..

You need to have the system diagnosed to identify which of the sensors is defective as it could be any one of them..

The cost of 1 sensor is around £200 for the part only from your dealer. So will be a costly repair..
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:11 pm

Ray wrote:i'm guessing one of the rear door sensors is bust which is the "master" sensor to the other doors... hence none of them work.

so could one inop sensor knock the rest out ? drivers door on mine works fine,but none of the others work :?

and is there any easy way to check them?

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:48 pm

Rear passenger no longer works on mine but others and boot are fine.

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Postby Ray » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:00 pm

onlydiesels wrote:so could one inop sensor knock the rest out ? drivers door on mine works fine,but none of the others work :?

from what i remember of other posts, one of the rear ones acts as a master or something and perhaps relays information.. if that goes, they all go.
sadly it sounds like you have 3 duff sensors.

in the wet, my drivers side rear door doesn't lock (not sure if it unlocks via sensors) but the rest do. once it's dry they all work fine.

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Ray wrote:
onlydiesels wrote:so could one inop sensor knock the rest out ? drivers door on mine works fine,but none of the others work :?

from what i remember of other posts, one of the rear ones acts as a master or something and perhaps relays information.. if that goes, they all go.
sadly it sounds like you have 3 duff sensors.

thanks for the reply ray,but...if it`s how you say ie the rear master jacking in takes the others out,any idea why the drivers one still works :? :?

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:20 am

it could be the buttons, if they are stuck then the hands free dosnt work on those doors, when my went and got it done under warranty (with a fight), this is what they had to replace on mine....

the main culprit is jet washing...
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:24 pm

[quote="andywills"]it could be the buttons, if they are stuck then the hands free dosnt work on those doors/quote]

i`ve renewed the buttons,as i fitted complete brand new handles.was no different.luckily i got them very cheap :D

i think i`ll have to leave it as it is. don`t think it warrants £200 per sensor just to save me taking the card out of my pocket :eek

KIB

Postby KIB » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:16 am

Thanks for that.

I have also noticed that with this cold a damp weather it dosen't work, weather warms up abit and some times it works.

It will have to wait for now and hopfully in the summer it will work and I'll probably get rid as there are all sorts of gremlins appearing, creaky dash, creaky rear suspension, dash bulbs blowing, noisey wipers.the list goes on my wallet can't keep up at the moment.

Return to “Problems / Questions”