Heater not working on all settings

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sproket
Passed Theory

Heater not working on all settings

Postby sproket » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Hi guys i have a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone has had the same thing. I have searched the forum and i haven't found anything with this problem.

i have a 54 plate meg dynamique and when i turn the heater on (position 1,2 &3) there is hardly any air coming through the vents but no 4 is working fine. :?

The reason that i am asking is because 2 weeks ago a guy decided to park is Clio in my boot when i was stopped and i was wondering if anything could have been knocked loose, i know it is a long shot but i thought i would ask as the heater worked fine before the shunt. :(

thanks or any info

sproket

sproket
Passed Theory

Re: Heater not working on all settings

Postby sproket » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:01 pm

hi freddymercurystwin

I had a look at that post but the problem i am having is the other way round it is not working on 1,2&3 but is fine on 4

thanks for the help tho.

meganeboy
Pass Plus

Postby meganeboy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:26 pm

I had a similar problem... only mine is with Climate control so the fan speed is controlled electronically rather than by knob.

But my fan stopped working altogether. Had it at the Ren garage and they said they changed the resistance which controls the fan speed. So maybe that is your prob too... mine was done under warranty
Meg2 Sedan, 1.6VVT, Hologram Grey, Climate Control, 16" alloys, Pioneer DEH-P6900IB, JBL GTO527, Pioneer TS-Q131-C, Osram Silverstar, NGK Iridium plugs

sproket
Passed Theory

Postby sproket » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi guys

thanks for the info i will have a look and see if i can find the rheostat i do remember someone saying on another post that it could be found by looking in from the passenger foot well (webcobe i think) so i will have a look and see.

anyone got any idea how hard it would be to replace if the extended warranty doesn't cover it.

thanks

sproket

markren2004
Advanced Driver

Postby markren2004 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:06 pm

sounds like the resister has gone, or loose wiring.The resister is behind the panel below the glove box. the blower is behind the glovebox.

sproket
Passed Theory

Postby sproket » Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Thanks for the info markren2004

it is back into the repair garage today (they sprayed the back bumper the wrong colour and orange peal galore :? )and i told them that you could get access for the passenger side foot well.

so i will wait and see.

by the way a silver clio and black meg don't mix very well

p.s. hope you all have a merry Christmas and a happy new year and all the best for 2009.

Return to “Problems / Questions”