Air bag warning light apears then disapears

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

kenboy
Currently Drives:: Megane automatic

Air bag warning light apears then disapears

Postby kenboy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:13 am

Just had the the Megane Serviced at a Renault Dealer 35000 service I have noticed since then the warning light for air bags lights up then go's out after a while
I have worked out that it seems to be some how connected to when I move the seats I have spoken to the dealer they say that they would have to put it on a clip test to find the problem another 75 quid to tell me that there is a problem with the air bags system that ( I ALREADY KNOW ) any advice !! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Ray
Site Admin
Currently Drives:: 2005 Megane Privilege - Now Sold

Re: Air bag warning light apears then disapears

Postby Ray » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:13 pm

do a search on the forum.

your dealer should fit something to the airbag loom under your seat. or it might be slightly disconnected in which case connect it back tightly.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:00 pm

As Ray says check the connector under the seat, they come loose easily when seat is moved and just need tightening.
Mine does it regular if i hoover car or when the better half drives and the seat gets moved.

kenboy
Currently Drives:: Megane automatic

Postby kenboy » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:49 am

HI
Thanks for the information on seat loom I will try and locate it this weekend and fix (Thats if the wife doesn't take the car to work) what am I looking for some sort of plug!!! :oops:

Return to “Problems / Questions”