Window Regulators

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Jasper
Passed Theory

Window Regulators

Postby Jasper » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:11 pm

Have just spent the morning trying to find out why my drivers window has stopped working,

only had the car (1.5 dci 05) for a couple of weeks first fault to date.
Removing the door card etc is a work of art in itself, how can i tell if its the switch or window motor that is gone.
I have tried wiring the passenger switch to the drivers motor to test but to no avail.
Could find no evidence of water etc on the wires / corrosion etc all looked really clean.
If you have the car running and raise each window the engine revs drop slightly when motor loaded, the drivers one shows no drop hence no load to the motor, fuses etc all ok
I have noticed a load of threads that comment on the fact that Renault have extended the warrenty period on the regulators.
Any suggestions as the best way to address this when i ring Renault tomorrow.
O5 1.5Dci (80), Pioneer DEH - P6900IB IPod controller,

boydy
Currently Drives:: megane dci 120

Re: Window Regulators

Postby boydy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:17 am

mine went last night,only done 26k 55 plate so i may be lucky thanks for info

Jasper
Passed Theory

Re: Window Regulators

Postby Jasper » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:22 pm

Spoke to 2 Renault dealers today Cardiff and Bridgend

Cardiff said they nothing about the extended warrenty on the window regulators, however an investagative cost of £82 plus vat is needed to find my fault if it is the window, then plus parts and labour, you can only imaging what i told them.

now 20 miles down the road in Bridgend totally different. a bit vague at first on the warrenty side, however took my VIN number and milage to ring me back, needless to say i never expected to hear back from them, when to my surprise not 10 minutes later the nice lady rang me back and said the windows were indeed covered for 4 years and 50 000 miles, however ther would be a £56 + vat charge to investigate, if it turned out to be the regulators then no cost would ensue and it would be covered under warrenty

will keep you up to date
O5 1.5Dci (80), Pioneer DEH - P6900IB IPod controller,

Return to “Problems / Questions”