Handsfree card issue

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

gaggers

Handsfree card issue

Postby gaggers » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 pm

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before, I picked up my car today and have been investigating the features of the car (playing with my new toy according to the wife!) and have found that only one of the cards seems to work in handfree mode. The second card does work fine as a remote.
Is this a cost saving by Renault or does it need a new battery or is it something else?

Thanks,

Luc
56 Plate Twilight Blue 3dr 1.9 DCI 130 with panoramic roof, handsfree card, auto wipers and lights, 6 CD in dash changer

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Re: Handsfree card issue

Postby robznet » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:29 pm

If the second card works just as a remote I would guess the battery is fine. Both my cards work handsfree so should yours I think. I don't remember seeing a similar post on here but I could be wrong. If I am - someone will be along soon to help you further I'm sure!

Sorry not a conclusive answer! :-(

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

nickbell69
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9dci priv 53

Postby nickbell69 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:09 am

Yeah both my cards work hands free. So either battery is on way out or card is faulty. Swap batteries see if other card works then. Expensive for new card so if it opens car using remote i'd keep it as a spare.

gaggers

Postby gaggers » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:57 am

Hi thanks for the replies.
I managed to find a spare new battery and tried that and it worked.
I guess there was enough power for remote operation but not for wireless.

Luc
56 Plate Twilight Blue 3dr 1.9 DCI 130 with panoramic roof, handsfree card, auto wipers and lights, 6 CD in dash changer

Return to “Problems / Questions”