RAIN SENSOR - WIPERS

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

MarkBCov
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci Dyn

RAIN SENSOR - WIPERS

Postby MarkBCov » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:34 pm

Hello, can anyone help me here please? I run an 04 Megane 1.5dci Dyn, which has rain sensor wipers. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn the wipers off sensor and over to normal intermittent? I had the windscreen changed sometime ago and the sensor hasn't worked properly since, I'm sick of turning the wipers on and off, or alternatively having them screech at me when on full. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

WebCode
Rally Driver

Re: RAIN SENSOR - WIPERS

Postby WebCode » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:22 pm

When the windscreen gets replaced the Optical Gel pad is destroyed, so rendering the Auto wipers inop..

The pad is not available seperately, so the only option is to replace the complete unit.. Price is around £95.00
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

MarkBCov
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci Dyn

Postby MarkBCov » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:28 pm

Cheers Lads, Looks like I'll be switching them on and off manually for a while, I can't afford to get a new one right now. Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

All the best

Mark

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:56 pm

I wonder if you disable the auto-lights (by holding the left indicator column end button in) that the auto-wipers are also disabled? Worth a try!
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:39 pm

Apparently getting the exact same part from your local nissan dealer is much cheaper, thats what autoglass did when they replaced my windscreen!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

mgodden1989
Learner Driver
Currently Drives:: Vauxhall Astra 1.4 16v SXi Twinport in Pearl Black

Postby mgodden1989 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:32 am

Gav wrote:I wonder if you disable the auto-lights (by holding the left indicator column end button in) that the auto-wipers are also disabled? Worth a try!

this will not work, this will only turn the auto-headlights on and off!!!
EX Renault Megane Driver - now drive Vauxhall Astra 1.4 SXi 55reg in Pearl Black

My old Megane

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Postby sav0 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Some one is selling a unused rain/light sensor on fleabay if anyone needs one

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Megane-2- ... 1|240:1318

djkav
Passed Theory

Postby djkav » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:31 pm

Autoglass replaced my windscreen in summer. They simply unclipped the sensor, and clipped it back on to the new windscreen when done.

Everything works as it should, no problems.
'57 Megane CC dCi 106 Privilege // Gun Metal

sav0
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci 53 Plate

Postby sav0 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:44 pm

I had my windscreen replaced by Autoglass in the summer and they replaced my sensor.
They said with some makes VW etc they can just replace the gel but not with renault they have to replace the whole thing

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Postby andywills » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:50 pm

pw981 wrote:Apparently getting the exact same part from your local nissan dealer is much cheaper, thats what autoglass did when they replaced my windscreen!

thats because renault & nissan have a joint purchasing company called RNPO who purchase both renault & nissans parts
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

pw981
Rally Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.9dCi replaced with a 07 Toyota Auris 2.2 D-CAT 180

Postby pw981 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:20 pm

a bit off topic, but I personally would be wary of buying a nissan these days.

I feel that nissan have become less reliable since Renault came on the scene, my brother works in a nissan dealership and keeps telling me the micra's, note's and qashqai's with the 1.5 dCi engine are coming back more frequently that the nissan designed petrol versions due to faults!

Having personally driven various new Nissan and Renault models I can say that various interior bits and bobs are shared :-( but then its not just Reno-Nissan doing this, many other companies do too but I guess the general public won't know. Its safe to say school run mum won't know her brand new Reno Espace 3.5 v6 is the same engine in the Nissan 350z but detuned! Just like how the Porsche Cayenne is gonna have a VAG diesel unit in it soon!
2004 Megane II 1.9dCi

4737carlinsir

Postby 4737carlinsir » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Evening all.

This is a tad late but I've posted here because, like I have, others might surf in via google and it'd be nice to have something like a solution at the end of the thread.

Basically I've found that you dont need to go for the whole new sensor at the dealer, which I've seen mentioned costs £95. Try these....

http://www.rejel.com/product/9185.aspx

I've been in touch and the price is 11.60 + VAT and...... now for the bad bit....... £8 P&P unless you spend over £40.

Personally I solved my problem (the sensor wasnt flush with the screen as the gel was concave) with a quick squirt of durex play. As this is water based I fully expect to have to spend £8 on P&P at some point in the future. I've seen other folk talk about using clear silicone sealant but I didnt have any of that handy and that option seemed a little more permanent than I was prepared to opt for.

djsika
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 54Reg

Postby djsika » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:52 am

sorry to bump an old thread but i've replaces the sensor with gel and for some reason the gel isnt sticking to the screen, its not that its not sticky, its like a mm away from the screen and wont make contact, can anbody advise on what the problem might be? i've slotted it into the ring no problem, nice and snug but the gel just wont stick to the screen, so when i clip it all back together it doesnt work as it has no contact with the screen

victorhora
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 2.0 16v Sedan 07 - Brazillian Version

Postby victorhora » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:54 am

Hello,

I have a Renault Megane II 2.0 16v (F4R) Automatic from Brazil. Unfortunately my version did not came with light or rain sensor. Is it possible to retrofit? My clock/rotary switch has been replaced recently because the AirBag light came on. I noticed that my "new" rotary switch seems to be a new model, that came with a "AUTO" button on the headlight command stick.

In this case, all I would need is the sensor and enable it using Renault CLIP?

Thanks for the help!

victorhora
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II 2.0 16v Sedan 07 - Brazillian Version

Postby victorhora » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:56 am

Any ideas!?

Return to “Problems / Questions”