kangaroo petrol

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

bucklemyshoe
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane II

kangaroo petrol

Postby bucklemyshoe » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:25 pm

My 55 Renault Megane is running a bit juddery. When I accelerate there is a bit of delay and a little 'jump' before it kicks in. It also vibrates a bit in low gear. No problems with starting really although I've always had to rev it. I have had all the problems reported here with the toxic fume warning light which I managed to get resolved after many attempts. I hav eno idea what the lovely peopl at Renault did to fix it as they put 'camshaft' on the invovice all the five times that I put the car in the garage and they refused point blank to give me any more information ( as it was under warranty and therefore not my concern apparently). Is it possible that the lumpy running is related to this earlier problem? It's out of warranty now unfortunately and if it's something small(ish) I'd rather take it to an independent dealer than face the horrors of any of the Renault garages that I've been to.

Jonault
Advanced Driver

Re: kangaroo petrol

Postby Jonault » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:14 pm

Is it petrol or diesel? If it's a petrol engine you might have faulty coils or the TDC sensor or cam sensor might be playing up.
1.4 Hatch, Ottoman Blue, 55 Reg, Dynamique

Return to “Problems / Questions”