TUBRO GOOSED?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

dg25
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane, 1.5 DCI

TUBRO GOOSED?

Postby dg25 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:12 pm

Hi all - new and no idea about cars so please bare with me.

Was driving my lovely Renault Megane 1.5 DCI today and suddenly the oil warning lights kept coming on and plooms of white smoke were coming out ofthe exhaust - cars behind were simply vanishing from sight - thats how bad it was!

Just had the RAC out and the chap stated he had seen something similar on a Laguna and the turbo was sucking in the oil out of the engine and creating the white smoke. Sounds similar to mine so inclined to think the turbo needs changing.

I have never had a problem with oil ando returned frm honeymoon two weeks ago and checked it and it was fine - RAC man just looked and its half empty!

anyone ever had this work done before? what am i looking at in terms of cost? off for a lie down before anyone replies so that i can't fall over.

Cheers

Dave

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Re: TUBRO GOOSED?

Postby terry_mccann » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:31 pm

turbos are a sad problem with meganes, but the steam would have to be blue and the revs of the car would go thru the roof - did that happen? when the steam ist white I'd normally say it is a blown head gasket because then cooling water gets sucked into the piston chambers
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Return to “Problems / Questions”