NEED YOU OPINIONS

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

meganecc
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane CC in black 1.6vvti, not long had it but so far so good,

NEED YOU OPINIONS

Postby meganecc » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:15 pm

just got my car back from renault, for the dreaded de-phaser pulley being re-placed,

# Have noticed that when the car is sat still on idle the hole car feels lumpy feels like its over idling but the rev counter is at perfect rev's ,IT DEF ISNT OVER IDLING just feels like it is,

# When cruising in 5th gear, if i come off the rev's the gearstick moves and if i accelerate again then the gear stick moves again like a back or forward motion ,

i think i know what the problem is but wanna know what you guys think! your opinions please!!!!!!!!!!

andywills
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: 04 Megane 1.6e 16V VVT

Re: NEED YOU OPINIONS

Postby andywills » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:49 pm

possibly the tdc sensor is dirty/needs replacing. i had lumpy/noisey issues which turned out to be tdc senso

tip of advice, when you have parts changed on a car (especially something expensive) always ask for the old parts - for 2 reasons, it makes sure that they do what they say they do and second it shows you mean business (and therefore less fobbing off).

all renault car gear sticks move back and forward when you accelerate/take foot off pedal, they've been like since my days with the renault 5
Renault Megané Dynamique 1.6e 16v VVT 2004

meganecc
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 2005 megane CC in black 1.6vvti, not long had it but so far so good,

Re: NEED YOU OPINIONS

Postby meganecc » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:21 pm

i think its the top left engine mount !!! this is what i think is wrong with it , as i also lifted the bonnet and i can rock the hole engine forward and backwards when i do o there is a lil clicking noise from the engine mount aswell, i think this tallys because when accellerating the engine is moving therefore the gear stick is moving! the lumpy idle is the vibrations threw the chasis ,

Return to “Problems / Questions”