Handsfree not locking car

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

necrophagist

Handsfree not locking car

Postby necrophagist » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Hi all. Just picked up my 56 plate Dynamique DCI 1.9 today, and was surprised and delighted to find that it has handsfree operation (this wasnt advertised in the advert for the car, so chuffed with this). Anyway, I can start the car with the keycard out of the slot, and the car unlocks itself when I touch the door handle with the card upon my person, but when I walk away from the vehicle it doesn't lock.

Is there a range it should lock at? And what indication does the car give that it has locked? (I imagine the usual flash of indicator lights).

Any ideas because I'm completely at a loss (and I've looked a bit of a berk walking to and from the carpark at work with and without the keycard all afternoon).

Thanks

busternlouie
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: '05' Megane 2.0 VVT Dynamique

Re: Handsfree not locking car

Postby busternlouie » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Handsfree doesnt lock on its own, you still have to press the button on the door handles or the key card to lock the vehicle (this is the case on my car, please anyone correct me if i'm wrong however :-) )
2005 Megane Sporthatch 2.0 VVT Dynamique Extreme Blue

necrophagist

Postby necrophagist » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Oh that's good news. My friend has a 56 Laguna that locks itself when walking away so I assumed the functionality was the same on the Megane!

navid.v
Rally Driver

Postby navid.v » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:36 pm

if you have unlocked the car BUT haven't opened any of the doors,car will automatically lock again,otherwise,you have to lock it yourself,same is with my handsfree.
Current Car:BMW Z4 2.5 SE 04,Renault Clio Dynamique S 1.2 TCE 58 ;Previous Car:Megane II Sports Hatch 55 Reg Ottoman Blue 1.6 VVT

Return to “Problems / Questions”