Headlight bulbs again

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

TwinAisle

Headlight bulbs again

Postby TwinAisle » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:45 am

Hi Folks

I've got a 2006 facelifted CC, and lost a dipped beam bulb a few days ago. Spent a while reading up on how to change them having read the horror stories. :cry

I think they have changed the design of the bulb holders on the dipped beam. The only spring clip is now on the main beam. I got some pictures, and wrote up some hints on the CC Forum, hopefully they may be of use to the folks on here. Made it much easier than I was expecting! :ner

http://forum.limburg.org/viewtopic.php?t=1993

Best of luck

TA

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: Headlight bulbs again

Postby Gav » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:54 am

I found it a lot easier than I was expecting when I changed a dipped beam bulb a few months ago. I was a little concerned about no clip, but all has been well with it so far (I was thinking that as the nights draw in I might find out it's not correct). Good to see some actual photo's to prove that the facelifted headlights are easier...
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Postby AlexB » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:48 pm

You are right, it is different from my 53 plate 5-door expression. My dipped light uses a spring similar to the main beam light in the last photograph in your link.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Renaultshearer7
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.9dci

Postby Renaultshearer7 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:50 pm

One of my headlight bulbs went today... i thought it was going to be a nightmare to change.

I brought the bulb from halfords and they fitted it for only £2.99... which is really good saying that renault dealers can charge up to £65 for a bulb change.

So if your struggling... for the sake of £2.99 pop along to your nearest halfords and they will fit it for you

chevin
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.6 Dynamique, Comfort Pack/

Postby chevin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Is this a record.....less than 5 mins to replace headlamp bulb on a 03 hatch !

Return to “Problems / Questions”