11k and major problems

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Coullio

11k and major problems

Postby Coullio » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:33 pm

My good ladies car has just returned from a MOT with a pending £980.00 bill, this is for a car that done 11k. We bought the car last September with 5k on the clock. The garage that did the MOT said the throttle body would need replaced and only Renault can do it, would cleaning it sort it? They also said front ball joint needs replaced and rear brake disc's, pads need replaced.

I have contacted Renault and hopefully they will help me, but I am holding my breath.

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Re: 11k and major problems

Postby terry_mccann » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

are you really sure those 11k are genuine? swapping speedos is extremely easy on a megane.....sounds to me that these problems should by no means happen with as little as 11k on the clock....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Coullio

Postby Coullio » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:32 pm

terry_mccann wrote:are you really sure those 11k are genuine? swapping speedos is extremely easy on a megane.....sounds to me that these problems should by no means happen with as little as 11k on the clock....

The mileage is genuine, the car still has the original tyres. Also the spare is brand new. Do you think Renault will help?? I am looking on the net for parts found a website for rear brake discs & pads (with wheel bearing & abs ring). Now looking for ball joint.

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Some more info would be good.

Engine type? Age of vehicle? Reason for the throttle body being diagnosed as being faulty?

Defective Lower arm ball joints are not uncommon, however not on a vehicle with 11K on the clock.. :shock:

Did they do the MOT and it failed? If so what are the reasons for rejection?
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

Coullio

Postby Coullio » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:32 pm

Renault Megane 1.6 16v Dynamique 2004,
001 Offside Front constant velocity joint gaiter insecurely mounted to its housing (2.5.C.1a)
002 Nearside front Suspension arm has excessive play in a ball joint (2.4.G.3)
003 Rear Brake disc(s) excessively pitted (3.5.1h)
004 (02 to high to start emission test due to engine misfire) Emissions not tested (7.0)

Don't have a problems paying for the brakes, suspension ball joint & cv boot clip. The main problem is the Throttle Body and I feel something like this should not go at 11k. This is our second Renault and they have been nothing but problems. We owned a (51) Scenic with needed a new gearbox at 8k and every ignition coil replaced. So once the car if fixed I will trade the car in within 3 to 6 months.

I contacted Renault UK today and they want me to put it into a Renault Dealership, Evan Halshaw can't look at it till 28th October, yes OCTOBER :shock: :shock: I have phoned Mackie Motors of Brechin and the way the service call was handle was excellent, so it in there on Monday.

We bought the car last September with 5k on the clock so my wife had done 6k in one year, have to see what happens on Monday.

Teetdiro

When a Tiger comes

Postby Teetdiro » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:37 pm

bump up
lurk

Two guys were walking through the jungle. All of a sudden, a tiger appears from a distance, running towards them.

One of the guys takes out a pair of "Nikes" from his bag and starts to put them on. The other guy with a surprised look and exclaims, "Do you think you will run faster than the tiger with those?"

His friend replies: "I don't have to out run it, I just have to run faster than you."

------------The WOW gold Online Store, Open 24/7 Looking to buy wow gold, Items or Accounts? You would find the cheapest gold here. We always online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, any questions regarding world of warcraft gold, powerleveling,wow leveling ,warcraft gold, just talk to our representatives using our 24/7 live chat service.world of warcraft gold,wow leveling,

Return to “Problems / Questions”