battery flat and now the electric gremlins hate me

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

ANDI
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci Expression 52 and my girlfriend drives a 55 1.4 16v oasis

battery flat and now the electric gremlins hate me

Postby ANDI » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:27 pm

My battery went flat due to me putting the lights on,not switching them off properly and then the next time i opened the car the lights came on.i charged the battery, car was ok,now i seem to have 2 small problems maybe related maybe not;
1, 1 x number plate light didnt work,so i prised out the lamp as per handbook,and now i dont have any number plate light or the driver side rear light.i have changed all the bulbs and still nothing,so i checked the fuses,couldnt see a problem but with the small fuses i decided to check them out and pulled one at a time to check them all ok. and still no lights,
2 having pulled the fuses and checked them i decided to switch the radio on, the CODE came up, so i got the handbook and followed the book to the letter,but having put code in,holding down no 5 and it goes bleep.nothing else happened and now radio dosnt work either :banghead so has anybody out there got any idea?? :conf :conf
3 another thing is i had a towbar fitted a week ago but the lights were all working ??

cars are probably all the same but mine is a 52 plate 15dci 106 expression
Andiman

snoopdutt1985
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane 1.6 16V Dynamique in Black

Re: battery flat and now the electric gremlins hate me

Postby snoopdutt1985 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:38 am

hi andi. im having the same troubles regarding battery, changed mine and now gettin all manner of troubles with starting, anyway, as im aware u hold down the top button on ur driving wheel stalk when u enter the code and then it should work

hope that helps, as for the fuses and lights, god knows, iv only had my megane 2 months and im sick of it only managed to do a few miles in it
Renault Megane 1.6VVTI Dynamique, Black,

ANDI
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci Expression 52 and my girlfriend drives a 55 1.4 16v oasis

Postby ANDI » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:56 pm

well i managed to sort the lights out :tu ,the renault handbook dosnt tell you theres another bigger fuse box under the bl**dy bonnet,which i may add is a right bas***d to open anyway thats sorted, :tut :tut but my cd radio,well thats another matter, i did try snoopdutt idea/ method of holding my top button whilst putting the code in,and pressing 5 and it goes bleep,but is there anything else i should be doing.as its wont seem to power up?.................................................other than if its possible fitting an after market one,do i need a different lead so i can keep my steering wheel controls,and would i need to buy a fascia plate???? :conf would prefer to keep it original if i can,any more ideas i can try??
Andiman

AndyS

Postby AndyS » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 am

ANDI, Use the scroll wheel on the column stalk to change the numbers, briefly press the BOTTOM button on the stalk to advance from one digit position to the next, and when you've entered all four digits, press and HOLD (for several seconds) the BOTTOM button to "enter" the code. If you've done it correctly, you'll hear a beep and the radio will power up.

ANDI
Passed Theory

Postby ANDI » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:01 am

AndyS
you truely are the miracle,the one true radio "Geek", well i did as you told me, in fact i wrote it down to keep just in case it happens again, radio works fine brilliant and info all the way from Joburg,amazing the web innit!!
thanks a lot mate :dance :cool:
Andiman

Return to “Problems / Questions”