Starting issues

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Dave F
Currently Drives:: MKIV Supra and now an 03 Megane

Starting issues

Postby Dave F » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:52 pm

Had the car for a couple of months now and all seemed well, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed that when the car had been on a long run and stopped it would'nt fire up as soon as it normally does. It was only an occasional thing so did'nt let it concern me, but I just went up to the lakes for a few days and while up there I stopped off in a petrol station and when I went to restart it, it would'nt fire up at all. I phoned the aa after a few atempts and gave it ten minutes and gave it another go. It fired up as normal so I cancelled the aa and went on my way, I came back today with no issues but thought I'd see if any of you guys know what the issue may be.
Thanks in advance Dave

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Re: Starting issues

Postby keeforelli » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:39 am

could be many things- what engine does it have?
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

Dave F

Postby Dave F » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi, its the 1.4 on an 03 plate.

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Postby keeforelli » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:21 pm

if you search my posts i had similar problems.......the best thing to do first is get the throttle body cleaned...

this is a useful thing as 1.4s have a tendency to clog up here, affecting fuel air mixture....then TDC sensor, coolant sensor....best thing to do is get a good local mechanic to see what he thinks, its expensive to trial and error it as some of these things dont show up on diagnostic.....

but throttle body just costs an hours labour...(dont pay renault prices tho!!!!)

i had loads done, throttle body made biggest difference!!!!
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

Dave F

Postby Dave F » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:13 pm

Cheers for the advice, I chopped in an old fiesta for it that was faultless for two years so at the moment I am seriously considering getting rid. I dare say I'll be a bit more positive once I have it looked at though :-)

Return to “Problems / Questions”