lost keycard HELP!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

wildathart
Currently Drives:: Megane cc

lost keycard HELP!!

Postby wildathart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Last week i managed to stupidly lose my keys, after getting my car recovered and taken home i ventured to my nearest renault dealer for a new key. i explained to him that i was unable to gain access to the car as i had lost my keys and could not get into the car, he said once the key has been ordered you can come and collect the emergency key to get you into the car to release the handbrake but we need the car at the garage to programme the key, the key came today but wont open the car!!!! i went back to the dealer who said as its something that may never be used it may have siezed up, my question is will a car locksmith be able to access the car as i dont fancy breaking a window to get into it as so far it has cost me £280 recovery + £170 for a keycard + £60 to get the car to dealer when i can get into it
It is a 2006 megane cc
thanks for any help

-KJ-
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: Mégane II Ph.1 1.6 16v Dynamique Luxe, full leather seats, Carminat Informé 1 with CD-changer.

Re: lost keycard HELP!!

Postby -KJ- » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:27 pm

Why don't you use your second keycard? :conf
From Holland! Megane II Phase 1, Black Pearl, 1.6 16V LPG, Dynamique Luxe, full leather, Carminat 1 with CD-changer, Phase 2 front.

WebCode
Rally Driver

Postby WebCode » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:29 pm

In what way are you unable to get in the car with the new emergency key?

Does the barrel not turn? Or does it just rotate freeely?
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

wildathart
Currently Drives:: Megane cc

Postby wildathart » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:55 pm

hi webcode
the key turns freely but only in one direction anticlockwise it wont turn the other way
thanks

Return to “Problems / Questions”