Fuses!!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Oakers

Fuses!!!

Postby Oakers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi I'm new on here. This is my first Megan but I have also owned a Grand Scenic for 3 years too. My car is a 1.6 05 Dynamice. Right on to the problem, last day of my holiday and I was sat in the car and thought I would clean the cigar lighter, hey presto I shorted it out and blew a fuse. So I looked up the lighter fuse in the book and ok, I'll change that and everything would be fine, but no. I found a 20A fuse in the place where a 15A should be so something further up line blew. Only thing is none of fuses under the bonnet are marked for what they do. I have lost wash/wipe function, the "on" lights for the heated rear window and air con, the radio thinks the car is off so therefore turns itself off after 30 mins or so (does the little bleep bleep thing), does anybody know which fuse would have blown?

Thanks

Ian

WebCode
Rally Driver

Re: Fuses!!!

Postby WebCode » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 pm

There is an extra fuse located behind the OBD connector panel.. The panel is located at the top/front of the centre consul.. It will prise of with a little difficulty
EX Renault Dealer Technician & MOT Tester, Not a Monkey!

Oakers

Postby Oakers » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Thanks for that, I removed the panel at the front of the consol, there was no fuse just the diagnostics socket. Any ideas?

Oakers

Postby Oakers » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 am

yuyotuiie - Thanks for the help, works well :-( .

Seriously does anyone have any idea what fuse is what? I have looked under the panel behind the disply and no fuse. Help!

Return to “Problems / Questions”