Resetting Engine management light after changing coils....an

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

Russ n Vics
Currently Drives:: Megane 2

Resetting Engine management light after changing coils....an

Postby Russ n Vics » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Hi all,

I hope someone can help.
I have a 53 plate Megane 2, 1400cc dynamique and recently i had a miss fire. The management light ame on intermittenlty, and then the service light also came on when stationary. I stopped driving the car, and as I had heard of the problems with coil packs, i went straight out and got 4 new coil packs.

I fitted them this morning and the mis fire has gone, but the management light is now on permanently?!?

Can anyone tell me how to reset it?

Thanks in advance

Russ

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)
My gallery: http://meganeboard.de/viewtopic.php?t=3437&start=0

Re: Resetting Engine management light after changing coils....an

Postby terry_mccann » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 am

i might be wrong but I think this has to be done via the clip computer, so normally it is a service-job....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

dry_flood
Learner Driver

Postby dry_flood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:28 am

Disconnect the battery for 45 mins and then reconnect. This will reset any error codes stored in the ecu.

Just make sure you have your radio code. If you havent got it, you can ring a dealer and they will give it to you after you give them the reg etc.

You may also need to reset the windows because they will only go down in 1 inch incriments. Ensure windows are fully closed. Start the car and hold up both front window switches for 10 seconds, repeat for the rear windows.

Gaz

Karlnms
Currently Drives:: Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6VVT

Postby Karlnms » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:19 am

Hello all,

First post by myself as only just bought the car! I've got a 04 plate 1.6vvt. The service light and toxic fume light are both on permanently. I have fitted 4 new beru coils and 4 new spark plugs. The cars perfect in every way but the service and toxic fume light remains permanently on. I have left the battery disconnected for over an hour, and tried several options of holding the trip reset button and service buttons down, none of which has made the warning lights go out? Does anyone know how I can turn these warning lights off? (i.e. turn off the service and toxicfume lights)

Thankyou,

Karl

terry_mccann
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane SportsTourer 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Postby terry_mccann » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:46 pm

well, NORMALLY if those lights stay on then it is something wrong in your car. if you have changed coils and sparkies then the error is sth different....best bet is to check back with your dealer....did you buy the car from a private seller? if not theres no need to worry as it should be covered by your implied warranty....
Megane Grandtour 1.9 dCi 120 PS, 01/2004, Polargrey, Confort Privilege (Partial leather, Alpine 9871RR, 16"-Alloys, 6-speed)

Return to “Problems / Questions”