Megane cuts out whilst driving! help please!!

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

sib2003
Currently Drives:: 1H254

Megane cuts out whilst driving! help please!!

Postby sib2003 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi

Has anyone had issues with their Megane2 cutting out whilst driving?

Mine did and the AA came out and found water in fuse box under the bonnet.

I took the car to a Renault dealer, they said I needed a new fuse box after running a diagnostic check. They cleaned the fuse box, and I booked the car in for a replacement to be fixed and then I went home with the car. 3 hours later the AA where towing me back to the dealer.

2 days later my car is fixed and my pocket has lost £330, but fantastic to have the car back.

6 hours later, same problem occured!! so I am a real happy chappy, if Renault cannot fix the issue who can! in the meantime I have an extremely unreliable car.

Has anyone had a similiar issue? and if so can you tell me how you fixed it.

Up to this week I have loved the car, now I am having concerns, any help would be appreciated.

NB: My car is a 03 plate, 1.9dci dynamic, I have owned it for 4 years and have done over 70000 miles and up to now it has been a joy to own.

Cheers Si

Well I have been at Renault for 2 hours this morning, they have checked the car over, cleaned connections etc and found nothing wrong. I was told by the service manager to run it for a couple of days and let him know and that there was no charge today, hey things are looking up.

After driving for 10 miles it cut out again, now booked in for tomorrow the 4th visit to Renault. I do not hold much hope that Renault can fix it! so any ideas please let me know.

Cheers Si

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Re: Megane cuts out whilst driving! help please!!

Postby cactusbob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 pm

Do you get any error messages displayed on the screen?
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

sib2003

Postby sib2003 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi

I have had the following messages:

Electronic fault.
Injection fault.

It failed at renault today and they could not figure it out. The car goes back tomorrow but I do not have much confidence that they can fix it.

Any ideas?

Cheers Si

michael.linsey
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.9dci dynamique(02)

Postby michael.linsey » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:22 pm

hi, mine has been doing the same, mostly on idle and go to pull away!! checked electrical connections and solved it, for now at least!!

sib2003

Postby sib2003 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:49 am

michael.linsey wrote:hi, mine has been doing the same, mostly on idle and go to pull away!! checked electrical connections and solved it, for now at least!!

Hi, thanks for the reply. Renault had the car for 3 hours yesterday and checked connections etc. Got home same problem, the car is back with the dealer now for its 4th visit!

I hope its an easy fix and I hope your repair lasts. Cheers si

mustdash
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 Sport

Postby mustdash » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:02 pm

Sib - What sort of speeds does yours cut out at? I have a similar problem with mine (225 Sport) cutting out at speed. Its got its 4th visit to Renault this Friday.

sib2003

Postby sib2003 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 pm

mustdash wrote:Sib - What sort of speeds does yours cut out at? I have a similar problem with mine (225 Sport) cutting out at speed. Its got its 4th visit to Renault this Friday.

Hi,

Well mine has cut out at 80 miles per hour and standing at the lights!

Anyway Renault have now fixed it, I got the car back yesterday, apparently a wire from the fuse box to the injection system has corroded! only cost a further £280 to fix. The service manaager at Camden motors Dunstable said you should expect this of a car this age an milage.

Looks to me that Renault only build their cas to last 5 years and no more than 85000 miles!

I will be writing to Renault but the stories I have heard about their customer care I feel doubtful.

Oh after spending £630 at Renault the outside temperature is -39 degrees and my air bag warning light keeps coming on, however I do not fancy going back, as I can not afford it anymore!

What do they charge if you have a mechanical problem!!

Good luck with yours.

Cheers

mustdash
Currently Drives:: Megane 225 Sport

Postby mustdash » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:24 am

Sib - see my post about my problems! Hopefully mine is sorted now! there was a bit of rubber glove in the fuel tank (that was replaced a couple of years ago) that was getting sucked up and blocking the fuel into the engine!

sib2003

Postby sib2003 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi many thanks, I will take a look, Cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”