acellerator pedal sensor/flat spot

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

acellerator pedal sensor/flat spot

Postby keeforelli » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:07 pm

hi guys

in the saga that is my car, i have noticed something new and very frustrating- sometimes the car, on a light throttle opening will accelerate well...cleanly, and pulling harder as the revs climb, in each gear, then other times (normally when warmer) for the same throttle opening it will seem really hesitant, like losing half the power, almost like im not applying enough throttle..this is especially noticeable say at 50 mph in 5th- it will almost refuse to gain speed on depressing the pedal......and when accelerating hard it feels almost strangled...then...all of a sudden....i feel power come back and its working properly again..like a NORMAL CAR!

if i turn it off for a while and back on it seems to reset it...

is there a way of reprogramming throttle?..would it show as a fault on a diagnostic?...maybe feels like fuel starvation?.....very poor throttle response..put your foot down, sped up 3 seconds later?

recently had throttle body cleaned, coils changed, new TDC and coolant sensor......what next?!

any ideas?

in an edit to this after reading the guy with the DCi loss of power, mine also seems worse when its warm outside and sunny, and sometimes dropping down a gear can also 'kick' it back into action.
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Re: acellerator pedal sensor/flat spot

Postby cactusbob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:56 pm

If everything normally serviceable has been changed, fuel filter, air filter, plugs etc then try disconnecting the battery for half an hour to reset the ECU.
225 5dr FF + Xenons
http://www.meganesport.net

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

Postby keeforelli » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:14 pm

hi thanks!!!...

yeh it had just had its 36000m service....so thats a way to reset the ECU?...cool...i will give it a go!
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

cactusbob
Advanced Driver

Postby cactusbob » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:07 pm

Make sure you know your radio code :)
225 5dr FF + Xenons

http://www.meganesport.net

badbull
Currently Drives:: megane

Postby badbull » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:45 pm

i have a 1.5 dci megane 04 plate with this problem and it is getting worse, the other day had near miss with a van, when my kids were in the car with me.i think it is down to bad electrics somwhere near the acellerator, has anyone had this problem and know how to fix this, HELP!! urgently needed

badbull
Currently Drives:: megane

Postby badbull » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:31 pm

can any one help with this problem has renault do not know what is wrong with my car
I have a 1.5 dci megane 04 plate 86332 miles, with this problem it tends to lose power while driving, 2 to 4 times in about a minute about 3 times a week or every other day ,to get the power back I have to lift of the gas then put my foot on again then the power is back but this happens in all gears even on a dual carriageway at 50mph,also had it happen joining the motorway, ,Renault diagnosed throttle sensor or wire from sensor to the ecu,I had those things done and it is getting worse, the other day had a near miss with a van on a island when my kids were in the car with me it lost power and moved that slow and lack of power until I got to 3rd gear then the power came back, I think it is down to bad electrics somewhere, had the car since July 2010 and it was working fine until feb 2011 has anyone had this problem and know how to fix this, HELP!! Urgently needed before it stops and causes a accident injuring my kids, it seems like Renault do not know what is wrong with one of there cars and leaving me in danger,

tomalamix
F1 Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.5dCI 100HP

Postby tomalamix » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:04 pm

You should start for inspect the working condition of the EGR valve and clean it if you comfortable with that. The symptoms doesn't seem to be from the ECU, dont go there before try other simpler and cheaper things

cheers

Return to “Problems / Questions”