Autogear box warning

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

IanManchester
Currently Drives:: 04 Red Megane II Dymanique 3 Door Leather + 6 Disc changer (wifes car)

Autogear box warning

Postby IanManchester » Wed May 28, 2008 8:01 pm

Today just driving down the motorway - approx 65/70 mph there was a big thud and my car changed from 4th to 3rd, along with 'Check Gearbox' in the display and the service light illuminated. - the car wouldnt change out of third back into fourth. Fearing the worst I pulled onto the hard shoulder switched off the ignition waited a second or two then restarted - the car then performed as nothing had happened - also 'no messages' was displayed on the speedo cluster.
I also add that when starting the car - approx 3 mins before the motorway incident it had trouble starting. - it has never done that before.

Car in question is an 04 plate 3 door dynamique with 35k on the clock I have only owned the car for 2 weeks and apart from this issue the car has performed perfectly. I am wondering if all this rain is messing about with the car.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated - also if I take the car to renault can they fault read this problem I have had?

Thanks in advance
Ian.

IanManchester
Currently Drives:: 04 Red Megane II Dymanique 3 Door Leather + 6 Disc changer (wifes car)

Re: Autogear box warning

Postby IanManchester » Thu May 29, 2008 7:45 am

I drove the car to work this morning - same problem - pulled onto the hard shoulder switched off the engine and back on again and it was fine - think this is a trip to renault

Woody Woo
Pass Plus

Postby Woody Woo » Fri May 30, 2008 11:54 am

I hope you bought it from a dealer...

Renault Build A Better Car :-)

IanManchester

Postby IanManchester » Sat May 31, 2008 6:31 am

Update - right the car is booked in at Renault Manchester for Monday morning, the dealer (VW) where I purchased the car said they will be covering the cost.

IanManchester

Postby IanManchester » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Renault manchester phone this morning to say that its a oil pressure sensor that is faulty.. cost of part is 60 quid (and they have it in stock) time to fitting = 4hrs total cost is going to be 389.49 - but VW doncaster is covering the cost :-) - just hope that is the only problem.

IanManchester

Postby IanManchester » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 pm

no more gearbox issues - but noticed today that I now have a passenger window problem - almost as if the switch is shorting making the window go up.. - but read my new post about thank.
Ian.

Return to “Problems / Questions”