Rear driverside window

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jono35

Rear driverside window

Postby jono35 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Megane 1.6VVT 03 plate 50k miles
I know the megane window regulator has been covered in this forum many times but I have one more question. My rear driver side window just decided to go down when the car was parked up and locked. Pressing the widow switches there was no response so I removed the door panel, fiddled about a bit and managed somehow to get the widow working again. I have no clue how but it seems to work. My question is what causes the window to just open on its self?. Am I correct in assuming that the regulator is on its way out or is there something I should look out for in the wiring loom. The car is out of warranty.
Thanks,

:conf :banghead

Terabyt3
Passed Theory
Currently Drives:: 04 1.4 16v Megane 3dr

Re: Rear driverside window

Postby Terabyt3 » Wed May 21, 2008 11:01 pm

due to the window working again my guess would be waer ingress rather than regulator trouble perhaps moving the panel and loom corrected that slightly. im not too clued up but id be checking for moisture around that area. not sure if you could use water dispersal on it.
'04 1.4 16v 3dr Extreme

jono35

Re: Rear driverside window

Postby jono35 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:46 pm

Thought I cracked it but after fiddling and spraying the wiring loom with WD40, one day later on the way home from work I stopped at a junction and I noticed that the widow motor kicking in almost like a pulsing noise each time the window dropped a little. Then it stopped, I pressed the button and the window went back up. So I have disconnected now. Will have to save up or look around the breakers for a secondhand one. Renault quoted a laughable £250

Return to “Problems / Questions”