24Kmls 2 yr Service What should get done? 1.5d

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

JPB
Passed Theory

24Kmls 2 yr Service What should get done? 1.5d

Postby JPB » Sat May 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Hi folks,

wondering if anyone can comfirm what should be done as part of the 2 year 24,000 mile service for a 2006(facelift) Meg II. Its a diesel 1.5 106bhp, its only done 20K but is 2 yr old.

Acording to the service book the following actions should be done:
Oil & Filter change
Air Filter Change
Cabin Filter Change
Diesel Filter
Check Levels
Check tyres, brakes etc.

I had Suspicions of what had been done when I got the report and bill. because they changed and charged me for changing the the brake fluid, not due until four years old according to handbook, and filled out the service report as if it was a petrol version 18K service, and said service not due for another 18K, service intervals for my car are 12K.
I have checked there work this afternoon and found that they have not changed the air or cabin filter. Suppose my worry is that they have not put the right oil in, or worst still haven't changed it at all, and charged for work that hasn't been done. As I have two of these cars I checked what they did for the other car and found that they had done all of the above list and didn't change the brake fluid. I think they have totally screwed up what should have been done.
In anycase I'll be at the dealers first thing Monday morning to ask for an explaniation, and my money back.
So Good We have two. Well that's what I Thought at First:

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: 24Kmls 2 yr Service What should get done? 1.5d

Postby AlexB » Sat May 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Go to an independent garage first and have the car inspected. Then get all your expenses paid and never use this company again. Don't let them touch the car, don't let the service book from your hands and ask to sign any statement they make. If everything is as you've described, then they are thieves. What's the name of this dealer, BTW?

Changing brake fluid after 2 years is good, as DOT4 fluid saturates with water within this time. It is the characteristic of the fluid and not a car. This results in corrosion and may lead to various problems with master/slave cylinders, ABS and clutch. Renault omitted this job in the service schedule in error. However, the dealer may have lied about this job as well. Ask the independent garage to check water content in the fluid, it is a cheap job.
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

Return to “Problems / Questions”