ECU adaptation to driving style

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

keeforelli
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 04 plate 1.416v authentique pearl black

ECU adaptation to driving style

Postby keeforelli » Wed May 14, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi Guys

i have heard, been told and felt my car behave differently on different days- and i understand that the ECU will adapt to your driving style..to the extent my mechanic told me to make sure i toe the car all the time to improve its performance- after having faults reset a couple of times and ECU reset the car is always noticeably different- had a fault reset last week for a slight coil misfire, got quite disappointed with the performance afterwards...took it on a long drive yesterday and toed it ALOT..car still felt rough, and then loe and behold today the thing felt like it had a new engine..after being unresponsive yesterday- ..have felt this before..but never behaves consistently...is this a constant thing..?..how does it work?

i have also been told by the mechanic not to use tesco fuel- have been using shell V max (i think?) stuff..(their super unleaded) and the car is behaving well and returning 34.2 MPG during some hard driving...quite eye opening...

any other experiences?

im just hoping it doesnt revert- in the quest to sort the thing in the 2 months i have had all coils replaced, TDC sensor and coolant sensor replaced.. throttle body cleaned, injectors cleaned and use V max now..could it all be coming together? i hope so!!

( one more interesting fact...going round corners on low fuel can drag air/dirt into fuel system?..this caused misfire last friday apparently...wont be letting that happen again...)
1.416v 04 authentique pearl black

AlexB
Driving Legend
Currently Drives:: Renaultsport R.S.250 Cup

Re: ECU adaptation to driving style

Postby AlexB » Wed May 14, 2008 9:39 pm

For some reason it tends to adapt to my wife's style much quicker than to mine... :snif:
AlexB
(no, a different AlexB)

GTDave
Just Passed
Currently Drives:: 08 Megane 2.0DCi GT 150 Mineral Blue 3 Door Sport hatch - Tune Point - Folding Mirrors - Handsfree Card - Phone Kit

Re: ECU adaptation to driving style

Postby GTDave » Wed May 14, 2008 9:49 pm

Yeh I have been advised to avoid tesco fuel before as it has less detergents or summat in it...

Loads of debates as to whether some brands of fuels are batter than others but tesco is a small fish in the big petrol pond so their prices must be lower cus of product quality rather than buying power...

:?

Return to “Problems / Questions”