Electric window help

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

stunshot

Electric window help

Postby stunshot » Mon May 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi All, I had reason to remove the rear window regulator assembly on my 04 cc.. thought it had failed but managed to get it working. Now its back in it works from all switches but theres no 'one touch' function ... any one know how to reset this ??

Ta very much
Arctic silver RS 225

steve the postman
Pass Plus
Currently Drives:: 1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME TUNING BOX
DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER
HID HEADLIGHTS
PIAA HORNS
GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

Re: Electric window help

Postby steve the postman » Mon May 12, 2008 4:19 pm

It was covered in the forum some time ago but guess it's one of them that got lost in the change
can't remember if it's ignition on or engine running but
lift the switch for count of 10 then release should reset the one touch
steve
1.5 DCI 86 EXTREME, TUNING BOX, DAB DIGITAL RADIO/DVD PLAYER, HID HEADLIGHTS, PIAA HORNS, GT LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.

stunshot

Postby stunshot » Sat May 17, 2008 9:05 am

Hi, thanks for that. Gave it a try but no joy, any other ideas ?? I presume this is controlled by a central processor ??
Arctic silver RS 225

Ashsoft
Currently Drives:: Megane II 1.6VVT Dynamique

Postby Ashsoft » Mon May 19, 2008 9:36 pm

My passanger front window packed up when it was frosty one morning. I tried to lo lower it to clear the window but it was frozen shut. After it would not go up or down. I pulled the fuse and now it will raise and lower fully when the ignitions off but with it on will only move in 2" movements. I've come to the concusion the one touch needs resetting but have tried alsorts without any joy, the 10 second with engine on, engine off, card in card reader you name it.

Can anyone help Please. :banghead

matthew
Currently Drives:: megane 2

Postby matthew » Tue May 20, 2008 8:51 pm

Try this:
Take the window right down (takes a while in 2" bits). When it gets to the bottom as far as it will go push the switch down again. The motor will strain a tad, but I think this makes the in built limiter do its thing you see.

Now wind it all the way up and do the same again. (When it gets to the top as far as it will go push the switch up again).

Hey presto!

This works for me

Mick
Passed Theory

Postby Mick » Wed May 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Hi matthew, just reset my rear windows as directed.They have not worked correctly for the last 2 months ever since I had my front passenger window regulator replaced.
Cheers :D
2004 1.6 VVT 115BHP

Return to “Problems / Questions”