electric windows (front) update

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

jay the spark
Passed Theory

electric windows (front) update

Postby jay the spark » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:01 am

hi all

my problem is my front passenger side window doesn't work at all from either the drivers side switch or the passenger side switch and also the dirvers side window does go up and down but rather then moving smoothly it moves bout 2 to 3 inchs then stops and takes another press im gonna be on ere a while trying to find the probles out ive checked fuses and there fine the only other thing was is there a relay or somethin like? where would i find it

my car is a 06 dynamique
06 reg 5 door
its has all round elecy windows if that helps
cheers in advanced jay
Last edited by jay the spark on Mon May 12, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Re: electric windows (front)

Postby jay the spark » Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:29 am

update
drivers side now working fine carried out reset all good but still no joy with the passenger side it still dont move at all and no noise coming from it either
cheers again jay

8ightball

Re: electric windows (front)

Postby 8ightball » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi

Had exactly the same problem with mine. It was'nt a problem as I just didn't open the window, that was until the other day when I pressed the remote twice to lock and deadbolt the door, the window decided to come down all on it's own and it stayed down. Took the door panel off but nothing would make it work again. Had to take it to Renault dealership who advised me I needed a new window regulator and harness which cost me £406.19. I tried a few electricians first but as soon as you mention 'Megane' they don't want to know. They say it has to go into the dealership as renault have to recode it or something when they finish the work. Anyway hope that this isn't the same fault as mine otherwise it will be quite expensive to put right. I'm selling my car and getting something more reliable. A Nissan Micra perhaps?

Regards

Andy

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Re: electric windows (front) FIXED now need radio key code

Postby jay the spark » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:57 pm

thanks for the reply andy think ive been lucky just been out in the car thought id try somethin else to try and get it to work so held the to front window buttons in the down posision and started the car nothin happened until i released the button then pressed down again hey presto windows working again.....for the time being now my other problem is i need my radio key code i dont have it with my paper work with the car is there any way some nice person can help me out again

robznet
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.5dci

Postby robznet » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:32 am

Hi Jay, I'm sure someone on here could (and quite possibly will) help you with your code but didn't you get your service booklet with the car? Inside the front cover there is a sticker which (amongst other things) tells you your radio code?

Rob
1.5DCi Dynamique with comfort pack - Antique Green.

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Postby jay the spark » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:13 am

thanks for the reply
no i didnt get a service booklet i did get the service history in the way of all the bills and receipts for everythin done to the car but evans hellsure still havent provided me with replacment one
cheers again for the reply

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Postby jay the spark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:54 pm

got the stero out now if any one can help pls DO
on the radio ive got its a update list

rnrd6950129485
renrdw240-00
fd0105230129485
8200483757T L358SECURITY

thats about all i can make out thanks again for any help

louiserd
Passed Theory

Re: electric windows (front) FIXED now need radio key code BADLY

Postby louiserd » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:04 pm

Plenty of people doing it on ebay for £10...

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Postby jay the spark » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:29 pm

from what i can see they do it for the older renault radios i aint got a problem paying someone do to it i'd just rather be certain it worked

louiserd
Passed Theory

Postby louiserd » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:39 pm

I used this person:

I used skype to check he could do it before I got it done. My manual was 100 miles away at th etime.

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/Instant-Radio-Codes-UK

silencer51
Advanced Driver

Postby silencer51 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Just FYI, when you disconnect the battery on the Megane there are some main things that need 'calibration':

-The clock, obviously
-The Radio code (jot it down somewhere)
- The windows need adjustment or else they will work in 'stages' like the OP says. All one has to do is, with the windows closed, keep each window switch pulled (i.e. like you want it to close) and hold the switch there for like 10 seconds. Then the window will work properly.
- If you have ESP, the ASR light will turn on when you first start the car after reconnecting the battery. You have to perform one full turn of the steering wheel to the left, one to the right and then center the wheel. The light should go out.

And thats about it ;)
Gray Megane II 1,6 5dr hatch 05/2003
Set dephasers to stall!

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Re: electric windows (front) playing up again

Postby jay the spark » Tue May 06, 2008 8:40 pm

window playing up again this time after lockin the car the window went down on its own so now removed the fuses when i managed to get it up....the window that is

called up the local reno stealers very helpful so far car booked in for monday to have regulator done foc as its 2 yrs fingers crossed now!

jay the spark
Passed Theory

Re: electric windows

Postby jay the spark » Mon May 12, 2008 7:01 pm

well picked it up today not too impressed really they said the window needed resetting but couldnt tell me why the window opened when the car was dead locked with no one in it even though i told them this twice befor i just hope it doesnt open when packed up at home as i have to leave it on the street and i also mentioned some knockin/vibrtaion noise when drivin at speed and turning right (like changing lane on the motor way) .....not its not the cats eyes in the road and there comment on that was on the test drive they didnt pick it up on the first trip out with it but on the second time out they did but as it was late they didnt do anything about it

so what was i supposed to do i dropped it off at 7 this morning they had all day but i think it was the last thing they looked at and then comment well if it continues they might need it for 2 or 3 days to see if the car does anythin wtf i can tell them the window opens on its own and ive got noise at speed so i suppose time will tell with the window but i wont be using walker renault stourbridge again if i can help it

Return to “Problems / Questions”