Water in floor storage compartment?

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

GreyMeg
Learner Driver

Water in floor storage compartment?

Postby GreyMeg » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:55 pm

The floor storage compartment on the driverside in very wet? anyone know how it could be getting in????? :-(

any advice appreciated ......
2004 1.9dci - 18'' Spyder Blacks - Black Lexus Lights - MP3 - Panoramic Roof - Climate - Heated Seats

renier
Pass Plus

Re: Water in floor storage compartment?

Postby renier » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:27 pm

Have you used the search function? This problem has been mentioned several times before on the forum ;-)
Megane II 5D-Hatch 2003 * 2.0 16V Autom. Dynamique * Gris Boreal
17" Steppe * Leather * RS front grilles
Xenon + 5LED side lights * Clear side indicators * Ph. 2 rear lights
Cabasse Tunerlist * Pioneer TS-Q131C/TS-E1396 * Ice>Link Plus + iPod

GreyMeg
Learner Driver

Postby GreyMeg » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:53 pm

....stripped down the scuttle panel and wipers today and found one of my drain holes blocked! i have cleared it out so i hope thats the source of my water ingress,,,,it was on the same side as the water so fingers crossed....... :-)
2004 1.9dci - 18'' Spyder Blacks - Black Lexus Lights - MP3 - Panoramic Roof - Climate - Heated Seats

onlydiesels

Postby onlydiesels » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:30 pm

i`ve had this problem and i don`t agree that a blocked drain hole in the scuttle panel can cause water to enter the interior.
i can understand the thinking behind this,but if you think about it,if the drain is blocked and the scuttle fills up with water,this is still on the `outside` of the car,so for the water to be entering the car interior, something needs to be sealed.
if you remove the air filter assy,you can see a rubber grommet in the bulkhead which the wiring loom runs through,which is below the drain (n/s) for the scuttle. on my car the water was dropping from the drain onto the wiring loom then running along the loom,through the bulkhead grommet into the interior and dropping onto the heater pipe below the glove box and so dropping onto the floor.the only reason that you notice it in the storage compartment is because that is the lowest point where all the water gathers.

GreyMeg
Learner Driver

Postby GreyMeg » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:27 am

I found that above the drain hole there is an inlet of some sort, looks like the heater air inlet, i thought if water was sitting in the scuttle area and i pulled away it might slosh into this hole and that may be what has happened, only time will tell, thanks for the info though.... :-)

Return to “Problems / Questions”