Water in passenger foot storage well

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

milesg_01
Currently Drives:: Audi A4 Avant Sportline 2008
Megane 2 Sport 1.6 16v 3dr Hatch

Water in passenger foot storage well

Postby milesg_01 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi all - last night I picked up a 2003 1.6 16v Megane Dynamique 3dr sports hatch for the Mrs. Really pleased with it, a great drive and so much better than her old 307 Rapier. Car needs new discs and pads on the front which is not a problem (any ideas how much I should expect to pay?) - the only other issue is that there appears to be water in the passenger side footwell storage compartment. Nowhere else but it would appear that it has come from the owner taking it thru the car wash yesterday. Any ideas where this could be coming from and if this is a common problem?!

Otherwise, glad to be on board the board!! :-) :-)

alexgordon21
Currently Drives:: megane 1.5 dci

Re: Water in passenger foot storage well

Postby alexgordon21 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:49 pm

hi i'm having the same problem so if you find out where its from i'll be glad to know too,
cheers

Bumpy macaroon
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: a megane.................doh

Postby Bumpy macaroon » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:07 pm

plenty of posts ref this problem, seems some are caused by the blocked water drains bottom of windscreen look at the plastic fitting around the wipers you can see through the square perforations, if you have water sitting in there you need to remove the panel and fish out the leaves etc which will have got trapped in the two drainage holes going into black rubber tubes in bottom of tray. other sources of water ingress could be bad windscreen seal and the door pockets are known to fill up a very well known problem but unless you have a door pocket completly full i cant see that filling the footwell.

type water footwell in search box top right for threads from members who have had problem for other reasons

good luck :rock
Bumpy and full of coconuts.
05 1.4 Otto blue Rush Mods: Keyed by some B*%"£~!, interior LEDs
57 106 dci Silver Dynamique Mods: Daughters first baby adidas trainers, Interior LEDs, self made MP3 adaptor

milesg_01

Postby milesg_01 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:33 pm

thanks guys, appreciate it!

Will check windscreen channel tomorrow.

milesg_01

Postby milesg_01 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi guys, checked the panel, nothing blocking it that I can see and no standing water in there. I pulled the carpet back and it is really sodden in that foot well. I have put a J cloth in there and soaked it all up. I can still not see where it is from, there is no water on the rest of the carpeted area, just that footwell box. 1 week of Megane ownership and we are already beginning to regret it! Had this and some ELECTRONIC FAULT and SERVICE signs up that then go when it is re-started.....doh!

Any other ideas would be very very welcome!

:|

Le Grand Crapaud
Rally Driver
Location: Overlooking graveyard. Plot booked. Pretty picture awaited from commissioned artist!

Postby Le Grand Crapaud » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:13 pm

Is the water in the footwell cubby hole? I should use Search for this as I know that both webcode and I have posted copious amounts of information on this and how to fix it!
Anton Bufonidae hops again and again and again and again and again!

Return to “Problems / Questions”