A bunch of Electrical faults. 03 Megane 1.4 Dynamique

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

halikus
Currently Drives:: Megane 1.4 Dynamique

A bunch of Electrical faults. 03 Megane 1.4 Dynamique

Postby halikus » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi Guys, its my fist time on the forum so be gentle!

I'v recently had a number of electrical problems afflict my Megane which is causing me undue stress as iv no idea how much its going to cost to get sorted.

Basically it all started with me returning to my car to drive home from work and the battery being dead, called the AA they just charged it up and sent me on my way. Seemed fine for the next month or so untill my brother in law mentioned the handbrake light was on in my car despite it being locked.

Since then its gotten progressivly worse with first the lcd screen with the car diagram staying on when i card lock the car then spreading to the trip computer screen staying on too. So now the handbrake light and the two lcd screens stay lit 24/7.

im currently having to disconnect the battery evry time I turn off the car just so Im not having to jump start the thing all the time.

Anyone have any ideas of what might be the problem as theres a 2 week waiting list at the local Renault garage and id like some ideas as to what to expect when I can get it looked at.

Cheers

Pete

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Re: A bunch of Electrical faults. 03 Megane 1.4 Dynamique

Postby Gav » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:42 pm

I could only guess at there being something up with the dashboard control system, or whatever it is.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

kylehimself
Pass Plus

Re: A bunch of Electrical faults. 03 Megane 1.4 Dynamique

Postby kylehimself » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:20 pm

hi mate,

i could be completely wrong but i think some the lights stay on after the car is locked for a while. i know at night i can see the wee lock on the lock and unlock button on the dash beside the hazard button lit up. not sure if it goes off after a while tho, never stayed around to check. i also think that my handbrake light stays on for a while (will check later)

as for the cost of repairs i dont think anyone could even give you an estimate. as anyone on here will tell you, renaults customer care isn't great and each dealer will give you a different story (cause there helpfull like that). best just get it in and let them find out. not really what you wanna hear i guess but i dont know that this problem is all that common.

kyle

Return to “Problems / Questions”