New Member - Problem with Electric Windows when locking

Problem with your Megane? Can't find an answer? Workshop manuals and technical notes are in here.

Moderators: q292u, Ray, AndyAdmin, Stranger

IrishMegane

New Member - Problem with Electric Windows when locking

Postby IrishMegane » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:51 am

Hi All

New to the forum and having trouble with the Wife's Megane
It is a Nov 2003, 1.5DCi Dynamique 5 Door with RAID fitted.
We are having problems with the Drivers side Electric Window.
It working fine in normal use.
Problem is that when we deadlock the car -(Pushing the lock button twice in quick succession), the driver side front window is opening fully.
I have done a search on the forum and have tried the reset, but this is still happening.
I have tried having the window half open and then deadlocking , it works properly (ie The windows go up as they are supposed to)
Has anyone else out there experienced this (And more importantly fixed it).
As it is out of warranty, I will attempt a fix if someone can give me an idea.
Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Andrew

Gav
Advanced Driver
Currently Drives:: Sport Tourer, 1.5 dCi 106

Postby Gav » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:55 pm

Sounds like the regulator - loads have been going recently (including mine, but the dealer did it under warranty). A search should get you the info you need to get the door apart and replace it.
06 Extreme Blue 1.5dCi 106 Dynamique Sport Tourer with panoramic sunroof and Dension Gateway

elgammal
Learner Driver

Postby elgammal » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 am

i think it is the regulator too :-(

note: i changed 3 regulators uptill now
Black MeGaNe II hatchback 04 _1.6 vvt manual_17" NicKeL ChrOme 225/45

steve111
Currently Drives:: renault megane 1.4 petrol

Re: New Member - Problem with Electric Windows when locking

Postby steve111 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:17 am

I,ve just had a window regulator replaced by Arnold clark outside of the 3 year warranty. It appears, that as this is such common problem, the window regulators have been covered for an extra year (Renault dont appear to be broadcasting this information).
There is a small catch, there is a £78 charge to diagnose the fault, however if the fault turns out to be the regulator everything is free ,if it turns out to be the loom then an exrtra charge of £180 is payable plus labour costs.

ionamac
Currently Drives:: megane 1.9

Re: hi all

Postby ionamac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Gav wrote:Sounds like the regulator - loads have been going recently (including mine, but the dealer did it under warranty). A search should get you the info you need to get the door apart and replace it.
LOOKS LIKE WET WIRES INTO THE REGULATOR TAKE THE SPEAKER COVER OF AND THE SPEAKER OUT AND DRY WITH HAIR DRYER IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN YOU CAN TAKE DOOR PANEL OF AND INSULALATE THEM BETTER I HAVE DONE THIS AND IS VERY TRICKY THERE IS A TORQUE SCREW IN THE MIDDLE OF DOOR ITS HARD TO ACSESS

ionamac

Re:

Postby ionamac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:34 pm

Gav wrote:Sounds like the regulator - loads have been going recently (including mine, but the dealer did it under warranty). A search should get you the info you need to get the door apart and replace it.
THERE ARE BAD INSULATED WIRES WHEN DRYED OUT THEY SHOULD WORK THE REGULATOR IS INSULATED IT CANT GET WET ITS THE PLUG GOING INTO IT DRY WITH HAIR DRYER AND THEY WILL WORK I HAVE DONE THIS MYSELF MY RENAULT GARAGE TOLD ME THIS WAIT TILL ITS HOT AND THEY WILL WORK AND THEY WERE RIGHT

ionamac

Postby ionamac » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:37 pm

steve111 wrote:I,ve just had a window regulator replaced by Arnold clark outside of the 3 year warranty. It appears, that as this is such common problem, the window regulators have been covered for an extra year (Renault dont appear to be broadcasting this information).
There is a small catch, there is a £78 charge to diagnose the fault, however if the fault turns out to be the regulator everything is free ,if it turns out to be the loom then an exrtra charge of £180 is payable plus labour costs.
THEY ARE AT IT ITS WET WIRES ONCE DRYED IT WILL WORK

davelowe
Driving Legend

Postby davelowe » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Blimey - do you have to shout so loudly!
Silver 08 plate 5dr 1.5dci Dynamique 106 Tech Run (re-mapped)

Red 03 plate 5dr 1.9 Dynamique dci120

Best advice for Megane owners: sell it before it bankrupts you!

Return to “Problems / Questions”